Crocs!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mrsnikki, Dec 29, 2008.

1. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Dec 29, 2008

I know that many of you already know this, but I for one want to announce that Crocs are the best shoes ever!!!!! I just bought a pair this past weekend and am in love. If you haven't tried them you should they even come in dress shoes now.:haha:

3. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Dec 29, 2008

I have one pair of light blue crocs. I slip them on when I am going to be in the kitchen. The kitchen floor is ceramic tile and it's too cold on my feet in the winter time!

4. d_anne5

d_anne5 Rookie

Dec 29, 2008

One of the math teachers on my team wears Crocs to school EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. She has allllllll different colors to match her outfits, even bright pink! Honestly, I've never seen her in any other type of shoe, and I'm soooo not exagerrating!:eek:

There must be something comfy 'bout them.:)

I just don't want to pay an arm and a leg. . . aren't they expensive?

5. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Dec 29, 2008

I LOVE my crocs! I have the traditional crocs and I also have the "mary jane" crocs. For Christmas, I got the fur-lined crocs! How exciting! :) Did I see someone say that there are dress-shoe crocs now? I need details, please.

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2008

I have a pair of "Target" brand crocs that are wonderful! I bought them last year on sale for about $6.00.
    I would never wear them to work or shopping...heck; I keep them by my front door when I need to go outside and get the paper or am watering the lawn. But, to wear them out?? no way! :eek:

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2008

This might sound silly, but someone told me that the company or the CEO's are big time Republicans and they donate quite a bit of money to Republican-only causes. So I haven't tried them yet, but I guess I need to research that a littler further? Anyone know anything about that?

And no offense to the Republicans out there! Maybe it will inspire others TO buy them.

8. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Dec 29, 2008

When we were in Florida one year for spring break, we went to a restaurant and the waitress had just finished waiting on the guy who founded Crocs. We usually go to Manasota Key and he was there buying a beachfront house. :lol

Guess he's sold a lot of crocs to be able to afford that!

I love them. I have a pair that I do wear to school and I love them. I'm up and down off of the floor all of the time and they don't scuff or wear out or anything.

I have these:

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-825-4-malindi.aspx?navcategories=3,122

And I wear them with pants, capris, skirts, you name it! I love them.

They also have an outlet online and right now they have 50% off of some of their styles.

http://shop.crocs.com/outlet.aspx

9. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Dec 29, 2008

They also make nice boots I found at the outlet malls. They have the same type material in the bottom but look much dressier on the outside :) Maybe they have them on their website too.

10. mrsnikki

mrsnikki Companion

Dec 29, 2008

Those are the ones I have too! I wore them to work at the bank today :)

11. wig

wig Devotee

Dec 29, 2008

That was the original purpose of them.

I heard they were very comfortable, but IMO (I know there are those that would dispute this) they are the ugliest things I have ever seen. :) It is the only reason I can think that anyone would wear them in public.

However, tracykaliski, the ones you just purchased look much better than the ones I am familiar with.

12. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2008

I can't stand crocks. The little heel thingy hurts my heel. If I flip it around the front the shoes go flying out in front of me whenever I try to walk in them. If I try walking upstairs in them, I accidentally step out of them halfway up and end up barefoot at the top of the stairs. Then I have to walk back down and get them. Way inefficient.

When I tried riding my bike with them, the heel kept getting caught in my chain.

I want some steel toed boots.

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2008

I agree; Tracy's crocs are so cute! wow; if I can truly fine ones that I love, love, love...well; heck, I wouldn't mind wearing them to work...they really are comfortable shoes and my feet actually feel good when I wear my green ugly ones (from Target); LOL; they're almost therapeutic for my feet!

I remember another thread about Crocs; there were several people who linked pictures of some very nice Crocs; is there a Crocs store somewhere with a website? I wouldn't mind taking a look.

14. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Dec 30, 2008

I have the Mammoth-fleece lined ones. I love them. I wear them every day in my K class. I got DH and DS a pair of the reg ones and they like them too. My DD and younger DS won't wear them (yet). :)

15. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2008

Guess what I found? And they're having a sale (up to 50% off) and they have heeled Crocs. They even have DISNEY crocs!

http://www.crocs.com/

Also, from the website is this:
    CROCS are Odor resistant, comfortable, ergonomic, anti-microbial, lightweight and recyclable.

16. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Dec 30, 2008

Yes, I have to agree that the original crocs are definitely not the most attractive shoe in the world, but I really have trouble finding comfortable shoes that I can wear all day long. I just simply cannot wear heels -- I just fall over. :eek:

17. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Dec 30, 2008

I have 3 pair (all the off brand Airwalk ones) and they are extremely comfortable my fave are my hot pink with glitter ones and yes i wear them in public but only with jeans and a t shirt. when comfort is my issue neways, i could not imagine wearing them to school because I feel teachers should dress professionally and intend to myself when I get my own classroom and I don't see them as professional shoes.

18. wig

wig Devotee

Dec 30, 2008

HA! I know exactly what you mean about heels. I either have to wear chunk heels or wedge heels WHEN I wear them. At school it is definitely flats.

19. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 30, 2008

I have a pair of black clogs--without the holes. I hate them. They make my ankles hurt SOOOO bad. They also make my feet hot . . . not sweaty, just hot. I wear them for yard work since I can hose them off when I'm finished.

I have a pair of Mary Janes, too. I thought I might like them better since they've got a thinner sole. They don't make my ankles hurt as much, and they're not as hot on my feet since they've got the holes in them. I still don't like them all that much. I wore them to the pool and the beach.

I hate to see people ruin a perfectly nice looking outfit with plastic shoes.

20. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Dec 30, 2008

I do not see what people love about them. I think they are cute as can be for kids. I had a speech teacher(college) that NEVER wore anything else. She even bought the dress like kind. I also know a lady who is a teachers aide and has them in every color.

21. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2008

You would seriously not buy shoes because of the donations they make to legitimate American political parties? So many companies make donations to both parties and hire lobbyists to push their agendas to both parties! (Even the NEA makes donations to both parties!!)
    Seriously, do you research all of your clothing purchases? Do you know how many clothing manufacturers produce their clothing overseas, made by underpaid workers under working conditions that would not be allowed in the US? That might concern you more than whether a CEO donated to the Democrats or Republicans...
    Crocs does have a shoe recycling program in which they recycle old worn out crocs to make new shoes to give to people in inpoverished countries- that can make you feel good about the company even if you do not agree with their political leanings....
    I don't buy Crocs because I think they are ugly. My 22-year old son loves them though- he owns a regular pair and just bought himself a pair with the fur inside...he swears they are the most comfortable shoe he's ever had...he DOES not wear them to work, however!!:eek:

22. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2008

What I SAID was that I heard they give frequently to Republican ONLY (not bi-partisan) causes, and that I needed to do a little more research before I would buy them. A Republican friend told me this because I was looking at a pair that I actually thought were kind of cute (because normally I think they are horrible) and she teased me for buying "Republican shoes."

I don't research every piece of clothing I wear, but if someone told me something that I disagreed with about a company, clothing or not, that I purchase from, I would look into it and question whether I wanted to continue purchasing from them. Why would I pump my money into causes I disagree with just to own something material?

I have been a part of the NEA vetting process for candidates and I am well aware of the procedure that is undertaken for lobbying and candidate support. I have given recommendations for candidates of both parties. What I am talking about above are partisan causes and policies.

23. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Jan 3, 2009

On the subject of not buying something because of something the company does or does not do. I dislike Tommy Hilfiger beacuase I heard he was rasist. I HEARD that he said if he knew anyone but whites were going to buy his items he would have never started his line. I dislike him though not his products. Although I do not have anything with his name on it since it is too much money.

24. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 3, 2009

This isn't true- it's libel, in fact:naughty:...probably best not to spread it any further...

"Further putting the lie to this misbegotten rumor are the results of an independent investigation conducted in 2001 by the Anti-Defamation League, which summarized its findings in a letter to Tommy Hilfiger:
    Dear Mr. Hilfiger:
    The Anti-Defamation League has received recurring inquiries regarding a number of defamatory rumors that have been spread on the Internet and by word-of-mouth in recent years about you and your company. Based upon our investigation, it is apparent to us that you never made the statements that attribute racist remarks to you."

Read more about this very damaging untruth at:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/tommyhilfiger/a/tommy_hilfiger.htm

25. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Jan 3, 2009

Dang it! Thanks for clearing that up for everyone who thinks that is true!

26. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jan 3, 2009

I heard that too, but also heard that it's a rumor.

I've seen his stuff on sale at Bealls stores.

27. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jan 4, 2009

I love crocs. I have about 6 pairs. I wore nothing but crocs last summer -- but I'll give you a warning. Don't wear "nothing but crocs" all summer in a humid area like mine. I got a terrible toe nail fungus-thingy from all the moisture build-up from the crocs. My doctor said "Oh.. you have croc-rot!" I was so embarrassed.

Now, they are just the "run out to the back yard in the rain" shoes. I'm afraid to wear them again because it took months to straighten that problem out.

Now of course, If I had just used good common sense and worn different kinds of shoes each day, none of this would have happened -- but hindsight is 20/20.