Crocs-- Do you wear 'em to school? Or do you think they're unprofessional?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by chicagoturtle, Aug 12, 2006.

1. nbecco

nbecco Guest

Aug 4, 2007

no way you have smaller feet than my kids size 2s!

2. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2007

i think they are really ugly and always said i wouldn't be caught dead in them. But I used to keep a pair of men's slip on brown slippers in my desk for if my feet got tired. Because they were so conservative, most of the time no one realized what they were. But this year we are cracking down on slippers and pajama pants in school, so I wouldn't feel right doing that, so I might have to get some...

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 4, 2007

OMG...this conversation is back????:eek: For me: crocs for gardening, at school-NO!!!:woot:

4. janlee

janlee Devotee

Aug 4, 2007

If you are a professional you should dress like one. Crocs, in my opinion, as well as sneakers, should not be worn in the classroom. (Field day, class trips are exceptions) I don't think you would see people wearing them in law offices, financial institutions, government offices, etc. unless there was some type of disability. Teachers need to set good examples for their students. It's bad enough when parents come into school wearing short shorts, pj bottoms, revealing halter tops, and ripped jeans.

5. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Aug 4, 2007

I tried on the Alice Kids today and didn't like them the 2 was to small and the 3 was to big. So I'll stick to the mary janes. I couldn't find a navy pair which I wanted. Maybe I'll give the Alice a try another day.

I almost got a pair of Yellow Caymen's.

As for the professionallism. I've seen plenty of doctors/nurses in the hospital wearing them! They are professionals too! I like to run and wearing heels hurts my calves which makes it hard for me to enjoy running. I also work in a preschool housed in a public school. I run and jump and play and paint and get messy with my kids all day long. If I was teaching an older grade maybe I wouldn't wear them, but I think the mary janes are quite cute.

6. Mommy2wad

Mommy2wad Rookie

Aug 5, 2007

FYI, yesterday I found Mary Jane Crocs on sale for $24 at www.backcountrygear.com. I looked on several sights for the burgundy mary janes and couldn't find them anywhere but here. Hopefully they aren't backordered.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2007

Drs and nurses wear them in the hospital where people are bleeding on them, puking on them- not in thier offices though...Hey well I guess we get our share of blood and puking as well...but I still do not think they send a professional message..I'm not wearing them! They just don't go with my clean classic Talbots kind of look I've got going...gardening in shorts though? give me the crocs or even better the cheap ones from Christmas Tree shop...:angel: