Crime

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Obadiah, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Jun 23, 2018

My neighborhood, my entire county, is becoming crime time central! Headline in the paper this morning--Wow! I used to skip the bus and walk home from high school in that area! Right now, sitting here at my computer typing this, I can't think of one safe spot in THE ENTIRE STATE! I'm not exaggerating. The 60's and 70's, OK, yes, there were a couple of major incidents in the county that I recall, perhaps a handful of stuff happened, but overall, kids could ride bikes, explore the woods, see how far our walkie-talkies could reach. I recall 10th grade, reading Run, Baby, Run by Nicky Cruz and surprised at how rough the city gangs were in the book. Now as an adult, I hear conversation, "Oh, yeah, a couple of those gang members were in Wendy's the other day."

3. Obadiah

Obadiah Groupie

Jun 23, 2018

A quick addendum: After posting, I got to thinking, in light of national news, how possibly my original post might be misunderstood. I was not implying any negative reference to immigrants nor was I making any reference concerning any specific race. My state and my county have many immigrants and they are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet.

4. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jun 23, 2018

I will pray for you and your neighbors.
    And, for the record, I did not misunderstand your meaning. :)
    I hope all of you will be safe and that the hearts of the wrongdoers will be changed before they do harm to anyone else.

5. Aces

Aces Devotee

Jun 26, 2018

Honestly I think the internet has a lot to do with it. Suddenly, information is readily accessible to more and more people. People can hear news, spread news, and communicate faster than ever in today's modern day. I went to high school in an area that was kinda gang heavy, grew up in an area where the city was gang heavy (still is). But I also actually lived out in the country, so I've kinda seen both sides and know that gangs have always been there as long as I can remember.