Cricut cartridge recomendations

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by terptoteacher, Dec 11, 2010.

1. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2010

I got a Cricut for Christmas. It's under the tree, but I know that I got it because I only asked for one thing!

Any recomendations for cartidges? I plan to use it mainly in the classroom for bulletin boards...

3. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Dec 11, 2010

I am also getting a Cricut for Christmas and some of the cartridges I got are Locker Talk and Learning Curve. With Learning Curve you can make bookmarks that are personalized.

4. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Dec 11, 2010

Yes. Love, love, love my cricut!!!!!
    Pretty much any of the fonts will work out great. Also, you can develop entire themes from some cartridges. I will pm you some other helpful info.

5. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 11, 2010

I have one under the tree myself. I bought the paper princess cartridge and Christmas ornament one. I also got another one with just lettering...can't remember what it is called. I am excited about getting to play with it.

6. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2010

My friend has about 12 cartridges and she's going to let me borrow them so I can figure out which ones I like. I really want one with a font that has a normal g, like this one, not like this g

7. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Dec 11, 2010

I'm so confused as to what this thing does...lol

8. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Dec 11, 2010

It cuts out shapes and letters in sizes that can be small or large. It is altogether awesome!!!!! addictive!!!!!!!!

9. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Dec 11, 2010

I am super excited for mine, my mom also bought one for herself so I have played with hers a little bit. If anyone has helpful tips for them, I would love to hear them!

10. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 12, 2010

My husband is excited because he has my Christmas shopping done. He picked it up with 75% off the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait to play with it. I really want to make some Christmas presents with it! But I will be good and not open it.

11. DallasTeacher

DallasTeacher Companion

Dec 12, 2010

You all will love them! I hate to admit that I've got over 100 carts. Soon you will want a Gypsy, Cricut Cake, and Imagine. It's addictive. There are a couple of paper doll carts that my students use to make career "folks," snowmen, a Christmas village, Halloween shapes, etc. I have an after-school scrapbooking program so my Cricuts get lots of use.

Go to Cricut.com and look at all the hints. Beware of construction paper unless it is laminated because the paper has too many fibers.

Mats can be made sticky again - don't throw them away when they aren't sticky (happens quickly with some card stock). Don't pay retail for carts. Some are on sale today for $12.95 vs $80.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Congrats!

12. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 12, 2010

DallasTeacher, how can we make the mats sticky again?

13. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Dec 30, 2010

*bump*

:yeahthat: I'd like to know the answer as well!

I got a cricut expression for christmas. :) I have had so much fun playing with it and I barely know how to use it. So far I only have the two carts it came with plus one more...."Accent Essentials".."Making The Grade"....and "Plantin' Schoolbook."

Any more specific recommendations for school bulletin boards?

14. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Dec 30, 2010

You cover the entire mat using a repositionable glue stick. There are quite a few YouTube videos demonstrating projects people make with cricut. This is where I saw them restickify (and yes, that is made up word...I like it:)) the mat.

15. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 31, 2010

found this website...seems like a good price on some. I got the Trim the Tree and nothing I have cut out has been clean cut with it. I also got the princess one and have used it to make cards, gift bags (so cute), and Barbie purses for my daughter. I went to Hobby Lobby this week and bought paper. It was on sale for 50% off and they had a large notepad of cardstock with sticky back on it. I love that stuff. I am going to try to go back and get some more.

16. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Dec 31, 2010

I am officially about to buy "my community" and "learning curve." Any other ones particularly suitable for primary?

I kind of want the calendar one to make calendars, but I feel like I can do without. Maybe if I win the lottery. :)

17. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 31, 2010

I want the my community one...now look what you started! My sister bought me the Celebrate with Flourish...not super crazy about it...I might take it back and see if I can get the My Community one.

18. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Dec 31, 2010

My Community looks so exciting. I am sharing with a Kindergarten teacher friend, so I sprung for that one, Learning Curve, Animal Kingdom, Doodlecharms, and Word Builders: A Word Party.

It was free shipping for orders $100 or more. :rolleyes: :whistle: