Credential Recently Reinstated

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Jallalaj, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Jallalaj

Jallalaj New Member

Dec 19, 2019

I recently had my credential reinstated and was looking for insight as to the prospects of being picked up by a district. Any info would help. Thank you in advance.

3. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Dec 20, 2019

Full-time? Forget about it. You're now on the blacklist. What did you do?

4. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Phenom

Dec 21, 2019

Milsey, why?

5. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

Dec 22, 2019

While the above poster lacked tact... it does actually matter why your credential was suspended. When I was doing interview committees at my old school the first thing we would do is filter out any candidate who had ever had any issues with their certificates (suspensions, expired, ect). We wouldn't even call those people. If a principal ever mentioned disciplinary stuff in a reference check to my principal she wouldn't even call that person in for an interview.

My advice if you do get an interview: Be honest and take responsibility for whatever it was. Do not say you didn't do whatever it was or it wasn't your fault. Of course this depends on what it was but your more likely to be considered if you can show how you have moved passed the issue and convince the interviewer it will never happen again.

6. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Dec 23, 2019

I am just guessing you let it lapse. There may be more to it. IDK If you want a teaching job, you can always find 1 if you are willing to go to a district/state that needs teachers.
    When I finished my undergrad, I had to leave the state to get experience because I was not willing to work/ live where openings for warm bodies existed in this state. ( Really bad.)
    After many more years out than planned, miles away, I figured I'd never return and let mine lapse up here. Once I got the cert back, was known, and had experience, I got a job in the state/ district I wanted originally. ( Close to 15 yrs later) So I do not see any problem if you are willing to go where you are needed.

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jan 3, 2020

I think this thread didn't just go off course; it jumped the track, fell off a bridge, and landed at the bottom of a river! Let's reset ourselves and this thread.

Also, please bear in mind that the OP has not been back to the site since the initial post.