Creative Minds....Please lend a helping hand....

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by skittleroo, Sep 29, 2011.

1. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Sep 29, 2011

Here's the deal: My school has a "fair" in which each grade level has a booth for ideas to share with students and families - these are fun game-like activities. They have to be fast paced games that can me done with a crowd around...

Usually my grade does a mediocre job (not much excitement or motivation). But I want to change that. Here's the problem.....I'm stuck on ideas to make it great. I teach kinder so I want to focus on letter id and rhyming. Any fun ideas???? or just plain creative ideas to make our booth attractive to kids and parents???:dizzy:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 29, 2011

How about a spinning wheel with pictures on it...maybe about 6...like a cat, a sheep, a frog, a pan, a stop sign, a bell...then have a board on the table where kids can put a chip on a picture that rhymes with any of the pictures on the wheel...a bat, a log, a man, a mop, a well...etc. Spin the wheel. Whoever has their chip on the picture that rhymes with the picture where the wheel stops 'wins'...:)

4. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Sep 29, 2011

brillant idea - thanks

I came up with using little rubber duckies, darts (with stoppers) to throw at balloons with letters, etc.

Oh keep ideas coming.... Now I am starting to get excited!

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 29, 2011

cza... your idea reminds of the ball with the number thing at the fair.

Rubber duckies could be really fun as well.

Are the parents & students involved? What if you did like a ball toss back and forth where they have to say a word & the other rhymes it. Like ball, tall, fall, and see how many they can get.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 29, 2011

Angry Birds are fairly popular....you could have pig cut outs with open mouths and letters on them....kids throw round bean bags ( in colors and with painted on faces to look like the angry birds)... Throw into the correct pig's mouth.:haha:

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 29, 2011

LOL!!!! You are reminding of so many games I played when I was little... we had a tic tac toe game you threw bean bags into....You could just use that frame with letters or whatever on them...

8. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Sep 29, 2011

Or where they throw a ball in the bucket (like that Bozo the clown game). And somehow have them id letters or rhyme words.

9. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Sep 29, 2011

lots of great ideas..... that's why I love it here!
    I have a great list of some of the very things you all mentioned.
    I'm thinking of:
    1. rubber ducky game with letter id
    2. a game like PLINKO from Price is Right - plinko lands of # and kid/parent must read that many word wall words
    3. knock the pins over game. read the letters/words on the ones still standing
    4. bean bag toss - read the word
    5. the Wheel of Fortune - mentioned above for rhyming words....
    6. Pumpkin match - kids use tiny pumpkins and play memory with capital and lowercase letters.

Oh the possibilities are endless now. I just needed a few to get me started.... Thank you everyone!

Now.... any ideas to help with decoration our "booth"?