Creative ideas needed badly

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by clynns, Sep 19, 2009.

1. clynns

clynns Companion

Sep 19, 2009

For whatever reason my school is not letting teachers make copies of worksheets and things this year. This has been very hard because I don't necessarily use a lot of worksheets but I do copy a lot of practice stuff. I use copies a lot too for independent stations. I'm looking for creative ways to teach mainly the alphabet and sight words. I am trying to also use a lot of technology. I don't have a Smartboard but I do have a projector that I can hook up to my computer. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

3. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Sep 19, 2009

I am also limited on worksheets we copy. Do you have white boards or small chalk boards? They can use these to practice letters and sight words. I have also used Magnadoodles in centers or any other ABC toys my kids aren't using. Use magnet letters and use the metal stove covers for practice with names and words. Shaving cream is also fun for practice writing.

4. bruinsfan

bruinsfan Rookie

Sep 19, 2009

I was always looking for different ways to do this. Can u try using shaving cream? You could try using some of your manipulatives (unifix cubes) to make letters. You could also try cutting shapes out of paper (like a puzzle) to make the letters.

5. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Sep 19, 2009

There are placemats that have the dotted alphabet on them to practice writing. I also have laminated a few sets of practice sheets for them to practice on. I have one with numbers, one with letters, and another blank for names/sight words/whatever. They just use dry erase markers to write on them. I think I have about 10 of each paper.

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 19, 2009

Get a big plastic crate 24 inches wide by 12 or so. Ask parents to send in plastic lids from yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese container. Write sight words or ABCs on them. Put water in crate float the covers and have the students sink covers by tossing pennies on them.

7. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Sep 20, 2009

Awe! Fun stuff! I think this would rock for some indoor recess activities!:) Thanks for sharing!