creative curriculum?????

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by fiskeda, Apr 1, 2012.

1. fiskeda

fiskeda Rookie

Apr 1, 2012

My center just started using this and we are very confused. We have 4 preschool classroom. We want to know how we are all going to use the same stuff at the same time. has any one dealt with this?

thanks
    Dana:eek:

3. Alesia

Alesia Companion

Apr 1, 2012

What do you mean by doing the same stuff at the same time?

4. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Apr 1, 2012

Please explain a bit about how you were used to running your day and I will see if I can show you how we do our day? I really like the plan.

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 2, 2012

A lot of us have experience with CC. Please give us more information, and we will help.

6. dragonflym

dragonflym Rookie

Apr 2, 2012

Do you mean materials? Well some materials are meant for different age groups so you wouldn't have the same thing in the pre-K as you would the infant/toddler class so that helps cut down the conflict. Also, at my school we would share stuff and talk to each other about when we were using what materials that were appropriate for all of our age groups; so basically communicating to each other about when you need a certain material and when another teacher is using it is important when using CC and having limited materials.

7. fiskeda

fiskeda Rookie

Apr 2, 2012

we have 3 preschool classroom that are using the same materials at the same time. Like this week we are talking about trees and two of the rooms want the same book at the same time. So we are going to change our times aorund alittle bit so we can all use it.

8. Froreal3

Froreal3 Companion

Apr 5, 2012

That's weird that everyone has to use the same materials simultaneously. Even though you are doing a thematic unit, each class should (ideally) have their own materials.

9. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Apr 9, 2012

I have very few materials provided by my center, yet am expected to provide a five star Creative Curriculum program. The public library has become my best friend...check out their children's section--mine has tons of picture books, puzzles, music cds, and book props (like a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree or an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly puppet). If you're looking for holiday themed books, I've found you need to check them out at least a week before or they get gone. Also if you do scholastic or other book clubs in the classroom, you can get free books for your classroom depending on how much parents buy. A large Dollar Tree will have lots of disposable materials like construction paper, watercolor paints, crayons, markers, etc. I've become very creative about doing art projects with cheap or free materials like paper plates, paper towel rolls, coffee filters, egg cartons, milk containers, soda bottles, large aluminum cans, q-tips, shaving cream, yarn, and objects from nature--sticks/branches, rocks, leaves, potatoes or apples for paint printing, etc. Let me know if you want specific ideas.

We also have three pre-school aged rooms, one is mostly threes, one is mostly early fours, and mine is late fours, early fives. We find ourselves doing similar things, but not exactly the same, and we usually bring in our own materials. The other four teacher and I sometimes borrow stuff from each other, but the three teacher is a witch, so we just stay away from her room. CC seems to provide lots of freedom in how you do the curriculum, or maybe we're just allowed lots of freedom in my center, I don't know. Good luck!