Creative Curriculum Teaching Strategies

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by amethysst, Oct 10, 2014.

1. amethysst

amethysst Rookie

Oct 10, 2014

Is anyone familiar with the curriculum "Creative Curriculum's Teaching Strategies". We are using it this year and I was interested in hearing from anyone who has used it. We will be using the following studies this school year. Trees, Clothing, Reduce Reuse Recycle, Buildings and Balls. The studies are for six weeks and it includes books, Intentional Teaching Cards and Mighty Minutes (which are basically ideas for activities that you carry with you). It is also connected to the GOLD Assessment.

So anyone have any experiences to share?

3. Froreal3

Froreal3 Companion

Oct 20, 2014

Not really. I've used the Teaching Strategies Gold online assessment portion of it, which I liked but not the actual curriculum. I would like to know others experiences with it as well. It is not as comprehensive as I expected.

4. wyvern

wyvern Companion

Oct 22, 2014

It's what we use. I'm not sure what you would like to hear about? As a resource, I'm underwhelmed. My program uses it for accountability and assessment. I think it's bloated and excessive for assessing due to the large amount of time needed to document and use the assessment piece. I guess it's the answer to knowledge / achievement tests.