Creating Classroom Websites

Discussion in 'General Education' started by katenar, Feb 11, 2010.

1. katenar

katenar Cohort

Feb 11, 2010

For my Masters program, I am creating a online tutorial on creating classroom websites. For those of you who don't have classroom websites, what type of information would be helpful to you in learning how to create one? What type of information do you want to know?

And those of you who do have one, what types of things can you think of that I should share with teachers who are interested in creating one?

Things I'm thinking of our lists of possible places to make websites for free or little cost, what to put on a website. What else? Anyone?

Thank you! I'll definitely post the link when I'm finished. :D

3. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Feb 11, 2010

I use wordpress and love it.

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2010

Three places that offer free web pages for teachers are educatorpages.com, google.com/educators, and classjump.com.

5. bros

bros Phenom

Feb 11, 2010

As a person who knows how to make websites, why not give them the basics for coding a site? Since things like dreamweaver or things that make websites have such complicated code. The most a teacher would really need would be setting background color/image, links to things (and how to orient them),and how to set different font sizes/colors. Just basic HTML :p

This host is useful, offers free websites for teachers:
    http://www.lunarpages.com/education/