CRAZY!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by sk8enscars311, Jun 15, 2009.

1. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

Jun 15, 2009

Today is our last day. It's a half day... not smart! The kids are going bonkers. I hear the class below me pounding on their desks and screaming. My husband said some kids at his school showed up with their siblings and said "my mom said to bring my little brother!" The rest of his kids are standing in line outside of the office waiting to call home because they showed up in street clothes. We're both also just now getting last minute lists of the check out procedure... grrrr... Hopefully today goes fast and we can bid this place farewell!!!

3. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 15, 2009

Just keep repeating "Only a few more hours... only a few more hours..." and then treat yourself when you get home!

4. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jun 15, 2009

My last day was also a 1/2 day or early release day as they call it - totally pointless.

You're almost done!

5. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jun 15, 2009

:hugs:
    We've been done since June 2nd! I'm not a big movie person...but our last day is always field day. The day before (Monday) is movie day for me. I plop it in, give the kids suckers, and have them help me tear down my room. I just give in to the craziness! :D

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 15, 2009

My district's last school day was a 1/2 day too. Personally, my last day of work was the day before that.

I hope you're relaxing right now! :D

7. Muttling

Muttling Devotee

Jun 15, 2009

You guys had a full half day????

We had a 9:30 day. The kids show up at 8 and leave at 9:30. The only ones there were the kids with so many absences they couldn't afford to miss another day and their boyfriends/girlfriends.

Imagine..........A school full of delinquents and their dates.

In truth, it wasn't that bad. Most were happy to help inventory books and shut things down for the summer. Others were happy to just hang out or play on the internet. I really feel blessed with the students I have.

8. frogger

frogger Devotee

Jun 15, 2009

Yes a full 1/2 day - kids arrive around 7:30, they come into the room at 7:45 and they are fed lunch as well and are dismissed between 11:45-12:00 depending on shuttle, van, car riders, and rest of the bus riders.

9. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jun 15, 2009

We had a half day as well. I had one parent who decided to come early! Our party was scheduled for 11:30 and he showed up at 9:30. Since it was the last day and I have known this family for years, I didn't make a big deal. But what really made me mad was that I caught him reading his daughter's report card early! He had to go to my desk take it out of the pile in the basket!:mad:
    When I saw him reading it (there were at least five other parents in the room) I went very quickly to him. My face had the "look"! He quickly tried to fold the report card back and stick it in the envelope. I said very sternly that I haven't passed those out yet. I took it firmly from his hands and put it in the pile. He knew I was a bit upset. The next time he sat down, he was across the room in the block section. Never in my 13 years of teaching has a parent been so ballsy! I have always left the report cards in a basket on my desk. Next year they will be hiding in a tote bag until dismissal!

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2009

We alwyas have a half day on the last day. Class parties, etc. are always on the last full day, so that last morning is spent cleaning up in the classroom, packing up, playing games and socializing. We also have a "good-bye" assembly for the whole school that lasts about an hour. It's generally a nice relaxing morning.

11. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 16, 2009

Sheila, that parent was quite bold to go on your desk and get his child rc. I would not have been too happy.

12. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Jun 16, 2009

Wow...parents sending kids to school with their younger siblings...parents taking report cards off the teacher's desk without asking...what's next? (Summer vacation! :) )

13. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jun 16, 2009

Believe me, I was highly upset. I did receive a hand written note(on class handwriting paper) about how much they appreciate me at the end of the day. I am glad that they do not have any more children coming up. The children were never a problem!

14. MrsPatten

MrsPatten Comrade

Jun 16, 2009

I would have been SO thankful for a half-day for our last day. We have to go the whole day. Imagine kids being that wild and you having to put up with them for the ENTIRE day!