CRAZY WEATHER!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by DizneeTeachR, Mar 1, 2007.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 1, 2007

First checking on those who are around Missouri...hopefully everyone is safe & sound!!!

2nd woke up to thunder & lightning...not a big deal, but weird when there is snow & it's not raining, but freezing rain & pellets!!! The outside has a weird color with the clouds & the snow reflecting...kinda eery!!!

3. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Mar 1, 2007

We got another 4 inches of snow last night and this morning, and now it's raining. Very crazy.

4. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Mar 1, 2007

It POURED all day. We went out to lunch and got drenched! It is right at the freezing point but no slippery roads yet. On top of that the lights kept going on and off in our school and the kids were nuts! I am glad I am home now.

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 1, 2007

Sigh, it's sunny and warm here. Stupid, boring ole california.

6. mnteacherguy

mnteacherguy Companion

Mar 1, 2007

Over a foot of snow here in Minnesota

7. Tbelle1035

Tbelle1035 Cohort

Mar 2, 2007

Snow, rain and flood warnings in Mass.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Mar 2, 2007

Emma are you getting snow now???
    We have gotten snow all day with really strong winds...looks like snowing sideways!!!

9. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2007

March came in like a lion!

Here in Missouri, we woke up to tornado sirens at 4:30 am. Some tornados hit the rural areas. A few hours southeast of here, a little girl died when a tornado hit her family's mobile home. :(

I feel so bad for everyone in Alabama - especially the HS that was hit. :( That was one of my worst fears as a teacher. I always hated "taking cover" in the hallways. It never felt safe.

10. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 2, 2007

It was raining cats and dogs most of the am, then around 1 pm the sun came out and that was the end of that

11. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 2, 2007

Things were rather somber at school today because the kids were talking about the tornado in Alabama. We were supposed to have a tornado drill last week, but didn't. Our kids still remember the one that tore up our town and high school. We were so fortunate, though, because we only lost one town member. I can't imagine having one hit while we are at school. (The tornado hit us about 6:30 at night.)

12. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Mar 2, 2007

we had a rough night last night. the county i teach in suffered the most damage in the area i live in. we did have school today. I only had 14 out of 20 show up.

I am worried about one that did not come today. she lived in the area where the actual tornado touched down. I do know that she must be okay due to the fact that there were no deaths in our county.

13. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Mar 2, 2007

I have students that haven't had power at home all week!! They are running on generators if they can get a hold of one. We had ice storms last weekend that brought down power lines all over the place. There were over 100,000 people without power! Now we have snow and wind! There are districts that haven't had school all week...my district has gone 2.5 days out of 5 this week.