Crazy waiting to hear back from an interview

Discussion in 'General Education' started by guestteacher, Jun 5, 2015.

1. guestteacher

guestteacher Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

I went on my initial interview and it went very well. The principal did not call when she said she would so I called to follow up. The next week I was contacted regarding the next level interview, which would be the last. I felt the interview went very well and the super even went so far as to tell me that the decision would be made in two days, which would be enough time to give notice to my current school. I have followed up and received notification that they were still in the process of decision making (that was 2 days ago). However I feel like I'm going crazy! This is my dream job and I have been waiting for an opening in this district for 4 years. Can anyone give me advice? Is this typical? Is this good or bad? Is there anything else I can still do to convince them to offer me the job.

It's probably important to note that the principal told me that the interview went very well and I would be hard to beat.

3. bartleby

bartleby Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

I am sitting here check my phone and email compulsively going through a similar process. Its torturous, especially on a Friday afternoon when the last thing I want to think about is work. What type of position are you looking for?

4. guestteacher

guestteacher Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

Middle School Math or Science. I have really good test scores and many "extras" to add to my experience. The sad part is that I've been on a dozen interviews and made it to the final round three times in the past 4 years. I just don't know what else to do at this point! How long have you been waiting for a return call?

5. bartleby

bartleby Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

Oh man, I can't blame you for not wanting to wait. You make me feel bad for complaining. I am one of two candidates referred to the superintendent, but apparently the district has a rule that they have to speak with someone from your current job before you can meet the super (which sounded really odd to me, especially because they are referring two people for one role, so you are shooting someone in the foot). So even though they have been very quick about everything, my boss was like "oh, I missed their call, will call back tomorrow." Thanks. a. lot.

Meanwhile, I got an email about an interview this week, replied eagerly and haven't heard back since. I am just winning left and right.

I doubt either of us will hear on a Friday afternoon though unfortunately. Got something to preoccupy you this weekend?

6. guestteacher

guestteacher Rookie

Jun 5, 2015

It's frustrating that each school uses a different hiring process. I wish they would all use the same format so that it's a bit more reliable and predictable for the candidates (especially considering all the time I've taken off from my current position). I keep trying to grade the stack of tests on my dining room table, but I just get distracted instead.

7. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Jun 5, 2015

I am in the same situation. I have gone on 5count them 5 interviews within the same district meeting with admins at each. These were second round interviews at each school site. I am told they will have answer by June 12...so here I sit staring at my phone trying to will it to ring...the wait sucks...

8. Reality Check

Reality Check Habitué

Jun 5, 2015

School districts are notoriously LOUSY at the hiring process/human resources, so prompt and punctual is probably not going to happen.

:dunno: