Crazy Night!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissFroggy, Nov 5, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Nov 5, 2008

Someone in my apartment building was having a party- when Obama won, they shouted and screamed.... yay!

But then I heard screaming outside. It kept on going so I threw on my shoes (no socks) and ran outside. There were about 10 people outside (including my neighbor) and they told me they were going to walk to Broadway, which is a big, major street.

I thought, why not? and joined them, no socks, no coat, no wallet... just my house key. We walked down the street, screaming, getting honked at, etc. We sang patriotic songs and shouted O-BA-MA... we got to Broadway and people were honking still and really cheering, but there weren't too many people on the streets. We walked down to the end of the street and back. We joined in with about a dozen other people who were standing outside a popular bar. Within about 15 minutes there were probably 200 people there, helicopters and news vans!! There were these college girls who started dancing in the street and people joined in. Some guys sat in their apartment window (above the bar) and played the bongo, tambourine and maracas. People were jumping on top of cars, hanging out of sun roofs, and waving signs, American flags, etc. Some guy came around and passed out posters and another passed out sparklers. The street was basically crowded with people and cars couldn't get through! A cop car came by and then turned and left!! Everyone was going nuts! (In a good way.) I mean, I have never seen anything like it... it was crazier than New Years or 4th of July. The crowd grew and grew and I couldn't see the end of it anymore!

In fact, at this moment there is a picture of it on TV and they said it was up to 1000! (I will post a picture when it goes online!)

Anyway, I finally had to leave as I was freezing (in a t-shirt, a light sweater, jeans and shoes w/out socks!) I also had very chapped lips and was getting blisters.... anyway, it was super fun!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 5, 2008

Well, I'm glad you had fun & stayed safe out there. I'm thrilled Obama won too! :D

4. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Nov 5, 2008

I wish I could have been there!!!

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Nov 5, 2008

Here are the photos from last night! (This was my actual neighborhood and I am somewhere in that crowd!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]