Crazy neighbor...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Beth2004, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 6, 2005

I've got this crazy neighbor. He lives across the street from me and my family has had problems with him for years. One of his quirks is that he hates it when people park on "his" side of the street. He's got a driveway so his truck is always parked there, but he'll come and ring our doorbell if one of us or our friends park on the street in front of his house. We've been dealing with his craziness for a long time, but I have to say that last night took the cake!
    It snowed here last night and my town had a parking ban. No one can park on the hydrant side of the street. Well, the side I live on is the side with the fire hydrant. We can only fit one car in my driveway right now because my dad rented a dumpster and it's taking up pretty much the whole driveway. When my boyfriend came home from work, he parked his car on the other side of the street to avoid getting a parking ticket. He didn't park directly in front of my neighbors house, but diagonally across from our house in front of THE EDGE of my neighbor's property. Well, at about 10:00 last night my neighbor pulls his truck out of his driveway and parks directly in front of my house. Then he turned his truck on and off to make sure we knew he was there. After a few mins of us not doing anything he started to hit the panic button for his alarm to set it off (3 times!). We kept ignoring him. Then he screeches his tires and peels out in front of my house to pull back into his driveway. He backs in and shines his high-beams on my house for about 15 minutes. Around 10:30 he gave up and went back into his house..thank goodness. He's nuts!

3. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 6, 2005

OMGoodness Beth! What a loon! Don't you hate it when people act like that?! How childish. Next time he starts doing that, call the police and report him. If you do it without him knowing, they will catch him in the act and give him a ticket for disturbing the peace. The street is not his and he does not own the portion in front of his house so what is his deal? What a crazy weird person...he clearly has mental issues!

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 6, 2005

I was tempted to call the police last night. I was almost hoping he was going to do something stupid like damage my car so that I could press charges (my car's not worth much!). haha It really is childish. I mean, this man is in his 40's. I think it's time for him to grow up. No wonder why he still lives with his mom!

5. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 6, 2005

With his mom?!?!?!?!?! Does she do loony stuff too? The apple never falls far from the tree! I feel sorry for you Beth. Our old neighborhood was filled with idiots like yours. Luckily we don't have any in this one YET! I'm waiting because I know every neighborhood has one bumbling idiot around.

6. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 6, 2005

No, actually, his mom seems relatively normal. The thing is, he seems normal to other people too. He works for the same company that my boyfriend does (which is a really strange coincidence) and the people there think he's such a nice guy. He plays golf with them and stuff. Apparently they all got a kick out of it today when my boyfriend told them about the antics he pulled last night!

7. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 6, 2005

Eek, it makes me think of those psycho murders who seem all normal and play the part of a normal human being and then go and shock people when they do something out of the ordinary. Scary. Maybe he has two personalities or something...

8. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 6, 2005

You know what, that's possible....
    Huh...Dissociative Identity Disorder....I hadn't even thought of that! Maybe he does have more than one personality! haha

9. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Dec 6, 2005

How horrible ! I would def report him... be careful you never know what people are capable of! Do you think hes dangerous ?

10. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 6, 2005

No, I doubt that he's dangerous. He's not very confrontational with us, he just does stupid things like last night.

11. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 6, 2005

I am sorry but I'm laughing so hard I have tears. What a ding dong. I wish he had left his truck in front of your house. Then he would have gotten the ticket.
    Our neighbor drives me nuts. He parks his Truck on his side of the street that is across from us. But he parks it right at the end of the drive way. I'm always afraid I'll hit it when I pull out. He has a driveway and a big front yard so he doesn't need to park it right at the end of our driveway.

12. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 6, 2005

I was saying the same thing last night!