crazy day

Discussion in 'General Education' started by stephenpe, Dec 4, 2014.

1. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Dec 4, 2014

Starts out with JRFH money. Little girl gives me an envelope that says it has 50. All I find is a twenty. So I call her mom (the angriest parent in school) and tell her. SHe is ok with it but talks and talks and talks and talks. She says she is sending a check for the other thirty, the money (for a JR and shirt). Then as I teach my 1st grade pe class the 5th grade class (we have one) runs in. Their teacher is sick laying on the floor and I was chosen to take them. So my first 1st and 5th play a game of steal the flag together. It was great. Then I send in the 1st and start to take 5th in for a math lesson (I had an extra 30 min before 3rd came out). The Asst Supt. came up to take them. She was there for some other reason at the time. So I go out and it gets back to normal. The parent calls back and I tell her to give me 15 and I will pitch in 15 and call it even. During this time I lose my whistle and KEY. This key is the real deal. Have had this one for 30 years and is a master key at my other school I HAVE TO HAVE. It is like my hand it is that important. 30 minutes later I find it. Have a big blowup with a 5th grader at the end of the day and tell him he cannot play BB in the tournament Friday and then we finally resolve it. Then after school tutor my neighbors kid (at school in my office along with my son). Goes very well. As I get set to leave see some money under my chair that I moved. A folded up ten and twenty. Been there ALL day. The missing 30. SO I call the mom and explain my age and dementia is the reason. She seemed ok . Mowed yard, Cooked supper and cleaned it up. Oh yeah did the 30 minutes on the stair master.

3. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Dec 4, 2014

Oh wow, that sounds crazy :)

I had a crazy day as well, but it's not as interesting as yours.
    Except for one class every class was super chatty. If 2 kids stopped talking, another 3 started. Our classes grew, so I now have one with 19 kids (which for us is a huge deal.) Of course everyone was there.
    They were still drugtesting, which they started yesterday and it's incredibly disruptive. Calling kids out, the kids on probation are either stressed out because they know they won't pass and might get locked up, or those who know will pass are antsy to go test (but they don't test everyone). Then when the kid comes back to class either has a happy face, and then he starts telling others about how he feels, or a face like he's at a funeral (if they lock them up, they wait until the end of the day for some reason).

So to some up, the only problem was the constant disruption, but I am exhausted. They were very high maintenance today.

4. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Dec 4, 2014

I had a kid punch another kid three times. It's alright though, the puncher got two hours of in-school suspension.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 5, 2014

Crazy day for me as well. Everyone's "inner weirdness" came out in force.