Crazy Common Core Man

Discussion in 'General Education' started by DrivingPigeon, Jan 9, 2014.

1. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 9, 2014

I've been watching this video, and I'm laughing so hard:

https://www.fpeusa.org/index.php/about/defeating-common-core

Did you know that I have to teach my 2nd graders about sexual attraction, require them to wear pressure bracelets, and watch their reactions when I teach them about homosexuality? If their pressure increases, I have to label them as a bully, and this information is available on a database for future employers.

(Note: I apologize if this violates the politics discussion rules...I wasn't sure, and I found it too interesting not to post!)

3. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 9, 2014

Most of this video addresses the "National Sexuality Standards"-has anyone ever heard of these? I know that my district is not adopting them...

4. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jan 9, 2014

Seriously? That's absolutely absurd and creepy.

5. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jan 9, 2014

Well, that's the stuff this guys says Common Core requires us to teach. I also have to show my students picture books on how to...touch themselves.

The sad thing is that so many people in WI follow this guy, and he is gaining more and more national recognition. I was made aware of this video through a debate I had on facebook with a few friends. They honestly believe that this sort of thing is going on in schools.

6. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jan 9, 2014

Haha. Okay. Whoops. I didn't read your post right the first time and was afraid you were serious. :rolleyes:

7. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jan 9, 2014

Huh. So, according to this video, there is a Common Core Dress Code that says that kids can't wear NRA shirts? I wonder if they can point to the "Common Core Dress Code" paragraph that explains that.

8. bison

bison Habitué

Jan 10, 2014

I'd laugh if it wasn't so scary that people actually believe this nonsense. All of this time, energy, and money could be spent actually doing something helpful for children. :dizzy:

9. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jan 10, 2014

I didn't even make it through 10 minutes. I'm not going to spend time attending to lies and b.s.

WOW.

Extremely unfortunate that some people are so easily sucked into ideas like this.