Cover Letter - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MisterG, Jun 18, 2007.

1. MisterG

MisterG Comrade

Jun 18, 2007

Hi all,
    Although Im in a funk from being non-renewed...Im sending out applications and all that good stuff. Here is a copy of my cover letter. I asked this about this time last year so I tried taking the same info from replies and applying it here...

"Dear Mr. X:

I am applying for the sixth grade social studies teaching position for the X public school district which has been posted on the X website.

This past school year, I was a 4th grade teacher. Our school district participated in early release Wednesdays, where additional training was given on our new Harcourt math series, Lucy Calkins Writing. I also participated in Professional Learning Communities and helped create district grade level math journals along with creating a mathematics curriculum map.

Outside of 4th grade, I have experience teaching in Kindergarten, year round schools, and team teaching; along with student teaching in grades 2, 3, and 6. During the 05/06 school year, I stayed in the education field by substitute teaching and working as supervisor of an In School Suspension program.

My philosophy of education is to get students curious about the world around them and get them interested in learning how things work; exploring and learning by getting them involved in their education through hands on experience and activities that keep them engaged and on task.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my application. I am excited to see your opening and look forward to hearing from you regarding this opening in the x public school district. I can be reached at the above phone number or email address."

So what do you think? I think its bordering on being too wordy again...grr! Also...Im going to be in MN for a week or 10 days...should I mention that on here somewhere?

Thanks,
    Ryan