Cover letter stress

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ATeacher82, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ATeacher82

ATeacher82 New Member

Apr 14, 2009

Ive been working on my cover letter all day...finally at 11:30 PM i scrapped everything and wrote this. I find it more personal and short and to the point....
    This is the template im thinking of working with....somethings i will fill in for each individual school.
    any pointers?
    thanks!

Dear NAME,

I am writing you today to express my excitement for the upcoming 2009-2010 school year. I hope to use my skills to be part of an energetic and productive team of professionals that share my enthusiasm for education.

A teacher’s greatest gift is the opportunity to touch the lives of young people on a continual basis throughout the school year. As an educator I am thrilled to have had so many experiences that have allowed me to be a positive influence in children’s lives.
    As you can see in my enclosed resume I have worked with children of all ages in many different capacities. These opportunities have given me the skills and confidence that make me the devoted, capable teacher I am today.

PERSONAL INFO ABOUT SCHOOL
    - extra curricular activities
    - clubs
    - professional development
    - community

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. I can be contacted by phone (***-***-****) or email (********@*****.com) I would love to join you team at SCHOOL and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

NAME

3. palla

palla Companion

Apr 15, 2009

I would add an example of an "experience that allowed me to have a positive influence in children's lives." One good example would help make the point that you are passionate about teaching.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 15, 2009

It sounds pretty good. I agree with palla about the example. Also I would probably say something about being excited to be a candidate for their district for anticipated openings or something like that in the first paragraph. GL!!