Cover Letter Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ninnee, Jul 21, 2014.

1. ninnee

ninnee Rookie

Jul 21, 2014

This is probably a dumb question but when writing your cover letter, if you are certified in different subjects, take for example Elementary, Art, MS Science, MS History do you tailor the cover letter to the subjects which would mean 4 different cover letters. I understand tailoring it to the school I'm just wondering if 4 different cover letters is excessive. I guess just want to prepare myself :lol:. Thank you all for your time, it's appreciated.

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 21, 2014

Ninnee, yes it would be excessive. In the cover letter list some of your strengths that will make you valuable, no matter which endorsement they consider. Do you know how to use data-driven assessments? That works across the board. Have you proven to increase student proficiency? That also works across the board. If you have extensive experience with varied age groups, add that. You are sending your resume and telling them which jobs you are interested in, not retelling your resume and calling it a cover letter. One perfectly written cover letter will only need tiny tweaks to work for all of those endorsements. If in doubt, consider a highly rated resume service, as they will use all of the buzzwords and terms that administrators and HR will be looking for when weeding out the interviews from the garbage can. It is money well spent, IMHO. I update mine every time I add an endorsement, just to be ready. Hope that helps.