Cover letter help

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by eeyore330, Apr 29, 2015.

1. eeyore330

eeyore330 Rookie

Apr 29, 2015

I am in need of some help with my cover letter. In my area we have a consortium application for all area schools so I dannot write a personal letter.

Also, I need some help wording and adding my recent and current long term substitute jobs I have in the same district for 2nd grade.

Thanks!!

Dear 000000 County Area Schools,

Thank you for taking the time to review my application and resume. I am very enthusiastic to apply for multiple positions within a variety to districts in an elementary setting. I am confident that my instructional abilities, coupled with my positive attitude and strong work ethic will make me an asset to your staff and students. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in elementary education from 00000 College in May 201?, with middle school endorsements in science and social studies.

As my resume will demonstrate, I have gained experience in a variety of elementary and middle school settings. Currently, I am a substitute teacher for 0000 School District 00, 00000 School District 00, and 0000 School District 00. During my time as a substitute teacher I developed a talent for facing new challenges daily, and have been able to successfully handle any situations that have come my way.

I have a great passion for educating the young minds of the future to be independent, responsible, and successful individuals. Students learn through a variety of different pathways, and through differentiation, it is possible for all students to be successful. I understand that each student learns differently and I pride myself on providing a variety of learning opportunities, both inside and outside the classroom.

Thank you again for your time and consideration in reviewing my application and resume, and I look forward to an opportunity to meet with you and discuss my qualifications in greater detail.

Sincerely,

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 29, 2015

eeyore, have you got any nifty anecdotes from your time as a substitute that SHOW you making the sorts of difference for students that you mention?

4. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Apr 30, 2015

I agree TeacherGroupie, I have always been told to give a specific example of something done with students. If you differentiate instruction for them, how have you done this? Give specifics.