Cover Letter Help

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Snix, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Nov 16, 2010

School is coming to an end here and positions for next year are being looked at so I am sending a bunch of resumes out again. This is a cover letter for a State School (no advertised positions), I will be changing bits of it for different schools obviously but would like some advice on how this reads. Thanks in advance :)

To Whom It May Concern:,

I would like to apply for a teaching position at your school. I have graduated with a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) in November 2006 and a Masters of Education (Special Education) in 2010 at the University of ****. I have also had various experiences working in a range of schools and education settings. I believe that my academic preparation and my varied work experiences in education would allow me to make a significant contribution to your school as a member of the staff.

I enjoy teaching because I find it rewarding in helping children learn, develop and succeed at their full potential. I believe students learn best when they are able to experience meaningful, interesting learning that applies to each of their lives. I believe this can be accomplished through the use of hands-on, cooperative learning, with an integrated curriculum and whole heartily agree with your school creed that ‘Learning Is Our Future’.

My first teaching position was on part time contract at a ‘one teacher’ school where I worked with the grade one to three students teaching literacy. When the Principal was absent I relieved her and taught the one to sevens as a whole. This was a wonderful learning opportunity that gave me chances to successfully take on a great responsibility, expand my multi-tasking abilities, as well as to further my knowledge of grade-level standards in a fast-paced environment.

For the past few years I have enjoyed working as a relief teacher in your Early Learners and Junior school, including a short term contract in one of your Prep classes. I am confident that my experience and skills will be an asset to your students' learning and development and would love the opportunity to work at your school. Please refer to my enclosed Curriculum Vitae. Thank you for your consideration.