Cover letter advice

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by mom2teach, May 11, 2014.

1. mom2teach

mom2teach Rookie

May 11, 2014

I would love your opinion on my cover letter.
    Thanks!

Dear Mrs. _____________,

Please consider me for teaching positions you will have available for the 2014-2015 school year. I am sure that I would be a great fit for _____Elementary School: from what I have read online, I share both the educational philosophy and the work ethic that has made ________Elementary a wonderful school.

I hold a Tennessee teaching license with a certification in 4-8 middle grades. I am highly qualified in Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading, and Language Arts. I have passed my praxis exams am awaiting confirmation of my kindergarten through third certification.

I relocated to Tennessee from Ohio three years ago. In that time I have had opportunity to experience Sumner Schools as a parent, substitute teacher, and a teaching assistant. I have been impressed with the performance and opportunities within Sumner County Schools and look forward to teaching in Sumner County.

In my current position as a teachers assistant at Lakeside Park Elementary I have had the opportunity work with students from kindergarten through firth grade. I pull kindergartens out for additional assistance both one on one and in small groups. I have worked through the year both planning and implementing activities with students in the Tier II intervention groups. In firth grade I also planned and implemented enrichment activities for Tier I students, including a book study with Number the Stars.

I have a attached my resume and letters of recommendation. I look forward to the opportunity to speak to you about my strengths and why I would be a great addition to your school. Thank you so much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 11, 2014

A lot of the information you write in the letter will be in your resume or application. Can you tweak the letter to include actual examples of successes you have had with students? That might make your letter a bit more personal. Good luck with your job search!