Counting Down

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsC, Jun 23, 2016.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 23, 2016

I know that almost all of you are finished, but there are a couple of us still counting down to the end of our school year. Today is the last Thursday for the students (they finish next Wednesday at 11:30). It's going to be an emotional week next week as we are going to be saying good-bye to both of our amazing administrators who are being transferred to new positions in September. We also have one retirement and some of our educational assistants are being moved to other schools in the fall. Cue the tissues!

anon55 likes this.
  3. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2016

Still 4 weeks left after this one here in the UK. Year 11 have left as their courses and exams are finished. There were a few tears when they went although we are having their official leaving assembly tomorrow when they all come back in and we give them a send off. I have prepared a powerpoint of photographs of them over the years they have been with us (they do 5 years in our school) and added a load of silly captions, speech and thought bubbles as well as music to it. I have even included a video clip of some of them falling spectacularly off a raft into a lake from one of our trips 4 years ago. We have some serious certificates to hand out but also some silly ones nominated by staff such as 'most orange', most make up' 'most bling' 'best HW excuse' etc.
    The head of year has put together a video montage of the staff lip-synching to Time of our life' from dirty dancing, each of us contributing a couple of lines. We expect more tears (we are a girls' school)!
    At the end of term we have 7 staff leaving of which I am one. 3 of us retiring, 3 moving onto new schools and one going to work in South America for an education charity. Expect more tears (mine)!

anon55, DizneeTeachR and MrsC like this.
  4. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2016

2 hours...haven't see a kid in over a week. The last week is an exercise in tedious frustration. The seniors are gone after graduation, then we still have a full week of classes. Nobody else comes either because final grades are already due and can't be changed.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2016

Hugs MrsC & Blazer. It is tough to leave as well. I know when I was pink slipped (budget cuts) I was so sad about leaving. I had either been a sub or taught at that school for like 4 years.

6. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2016

I have done 21 years at this current school. I taught many of the mothers of my current classes.

anon55 and DizneeTeachR like this.
  7. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jun 23, 2016

By the time yall are out we go back! We have preplanning the last week of July!

8. ABC123

ABC123 Companion

Jun 23, 2016

We just finished up last Wednesday, but don't go back until September 1st :)

mathmagic likes this.
  9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2016

I had some teachers my mom had... lol. I was friends (went to school) with some of my student's parents. A lot of them when I subbed. I subbed for kids babysat & changed their diapers. They (all boys)didn't want me to tell any tales if babysitting. Lol!

10. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2016

Blaze that makes for a teary end of year. You all are getting out & I went to school today to make prep for new year.