Could You Live Where You're Living Forever?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Harmony2

Harmony2 Companion

Oct 17, 2012

I have lived at the NJ shore my whole life. I have spent long periods of time "living" elsewhere; I once lived in Rome, Italy for 6 months for example. And there are many places I would consider living once my kids are all grown; NYC, India, Costa Rica, Italy, are all on the list for different reasons.

But I do love where we are now. We live ten minutes from the beach on the bay in a quiet little town no one could find unless they were lost and wandering..that is how we found it. :D I love the people, the school I teach in is 5 minutes away, and it is just an all- round happy place to be. If we chose to stay here rather than travel or outright move to any of the above places, I would be ok.

2. Harmony2

Harmony2 Companion

Oct 17, 2012

Costa Rica is one of the places I would consider moving to. :)

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 19, 2012

I'm not talking forever here, but I wouldn't mind living for at least a few months in another country for once in my life, just for the experience. I wouldn't know what country, but somewhere I really loved once I visited the place.

4. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Oct 19, 2012

I agree! I'm only 24 and I want to live in a major city at least once, outside the country for even a brief amount of time, and then my husband and I want to move to Montana and have a ranch one day.

5. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Oct 20, 2012

I enjoy where I live, but I certainly fantasize about warmer climates. I guess it comes down to where my kids end up as adults. I can't imagine living far from them.

6. Rachael84

Rachael84 Rookie

Oct 23, 2012

Most definitely, born and raised in NYC and the burbs, can't live any other place since it can't compare. Once retirements, I hope to have an apartment here, and a second house somewhere in the woods and mountains.

7. Rachael84

Rachael84 Rookie

Oct 23, 2012

My husband and I are planning to go to Costa Rica in March. Looking to stay near the Arenal volcano, and a few days at the Tirimbina biological reserve. :) I actually want to see Panama a little more, but the forests/volcanoes are too far of a drive from Panama City.

8. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Nov 2, 2012

I'm a little late in this conversation, but this is something I've been thinking about today. The answer is no way. We moved to our current location for my job, and as much as I love my school I want to leave this area ASAP! DH and I want to start a family in the next few years, and our current location is NOT where I want to do that!