Could use some help with this idea, please

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Bella2010, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Jul 3, 2012

I would like to have a current events bulletin board. I was thinking of having a "reporter" each week who gathers current world and local news and then has a short "newscast" by the reporter on Friday. I was thinking making it fun/official at a large table, maybe a microphone. After the "newscast" they could put their newspapers, magazine articles, or internet information on the bulletin board for the other students to read more about it or come up with questions, etc. I thought I could enforce correct grammar and sentence structure with this, our our PASS include research and communication. Does this sound like a good idea? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Beth

3. COMrs.S

COMrs.S Rookie

Jul 3, 2012

I think this sounds like a lot of fun!!! Maybe your "reporter" could also be the student of the week and they could include a story about themselves.

4. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 3, 2012

Do you have digital camera that you could record it with? Maybe you could share it with others in the school, or at least their parents.

5. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Jul 3, 2012

I would change one thing: have all the students contribute each week by bringing in articles and other news events. They'll probably get a kick out of hearing and seeing one of their classmates present the information they worked on.

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2012

This definitely sounds like fun!

7. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2012

Or even set up a rotation--so these 5 students bring it in the first week of the month, and so on.

8. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 5, 2012

I agree they should do it more often than 1x. I like the idea of doing it in teams. Keep in mind that some students may be painfully shy and it takes a lot of courage to present to your peers at that age. Sounds like a fun idea.