Could A Teacher Be Effective

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Math, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Math

Math Cohort

Oct 12, 2012

Nevermind.

2. Harmony2

Harmony2 Companion

Oct 12, 2012

I think every teacher has a different expectation for a sub. I also know teachers who request certain subs because they know the subs know the content. I've subbed in the district where I used to be employed as a one on one and actually taught content because the teacher knew I knew it.. but I have seen the same teacher give the kids "busy" work or review work when they do not know the sub.

I DON"T think a sub should teach a new concept though unless you know that sub has a working knowledge of that concept.

3. paperlabs

paperlabs Rookie

Oct 14, 2012

Back in the late 70's, early 80's when they had to pretend to be kinder and gentler, teachers were telling me they took a bunch of education courses and learned nothing. I tried to be their spokesman best I could. In the mid-90's I finally took some discipline and classroom diversification classes that though pale in comparison to math and science courses, actually had some practical value. But hopefully in the future there will be less dependence, fewer poverty and entitlement attitudes, etc. so we don't have to find alternatives to parent's love.