cosmetic surgery

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Chrissy71, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Chrissy71

Chrissy71 Rookie

Jan 6, 2009

I have been thinking about getting a breast augmentation done. I am between a AA and and A and would just like to have a C chest. Has anyone done this and is so, did you go for silicone or saline? I have been reading a lot of info that silicone is safter now. I don't want to have hugh breasts, I would just like to hold up a bathing suit and strapless dress.

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 6, 2009

Good thread, Chrissy. I'm about the same size as you, and I've thought about this, too. Right now I'm wearing a really tight sports bra, and I have a tiny bit of cleavage. This is the only time I ever see cleavage, and it's not really when I want it.

I told my husband I'm looking forward to being pregnant just so I can see what having a larger chest will be like, and then maybe I'll get implants afterwards to keep that size. I'm curious to hear about other's experiences with it.

I'm sure there will be many who say it's superficial, but whatever. So are a lot of things. You only live once, and it's nice to be confident in your body, especially when you're really flat naturally.

4. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Jan 6, 2009

There are times that I've thought it would be nice to have a larger chest. I'm only 5' tall so I'm pretty small all over. I'm too worried about complications though and especially since my mother had a serious type of breast cancer...I have a very high chance of having breast cancer (what women doesn't though?). Breast implants can make it hard for breast cancer detection.

5. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jan 6, 2009

I am also 5'0 about 109 lbs and have a small chest. I have been thinking about breast implants for awhile now.

6. Chrissy71

Chrissy71 Rookie

Jan 6, 2009

Some of the people I have told that I might consider getting a breast augmentation have looked at me weird and told me that they would never do it, but they don't have the same small boobs as I do. I am not doing it to get attention, I am doing it to feel better about myself. We have a house with a pool, and I am embarrased to be out there with friends, and it is so depressing to buy new bras. I am glad you understand. :)

7. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Jan 6, 2009

Oh I completely understand. I just don't know if its better to have kids first or do it after kids.
    I def don't want the attention for it. I just would like a B cup.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 6, 2009

Jem-I was a small B before I had my daughter. Afterwards, I was and still am a bigger C.

9. Chrissy71

Chrissy71 Rookie

Jan 6, 2009

I wish having a child did that for me. I was a little bigger during my pregnancy, but now I am back to my original size a litter smaller than an A, and I think my age, what I do have, has made them droop which makes them look even smaller. I am pretty tall, 5ft, 11in. and I truly look like an ironing board. lol :p Even a full B would be great.

10. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jan 6, 2009

Ha! I thought about posting a cosmetic surgery thread but didn't know if anyone would respond. Thank you! I don't have the boob issue (38 D or DD-love it and both hate i!) But I have wondered about liposuction. I gain weight in my stomach and it would make my pants so much more comfortable if I could just get a few pounds sucked out.Anyone have or know of people that have had it? I've read both good and bad stories.

11. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 6, 2009

Can I be a member of this club? :D I also would love to be a little, teeny bit larger! I am also barely an A. I actually like being small. I just wish I was a B, not an A. LIke I said, though, I like being small. I have a small frame and so I think it fits me. I really haven't done a lot of research though, as to which is safer. What I don't get is, there MUST be a safer way to increase chest size that they don't want us to know (because it'll be way cheaper). I just know it! I just googled natural ways to increase breast size and got this website. I wonder if any of these actually work.

12. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jan 6, 2009

You know how in the back of magazines how they have the all natural, safe way to increase boob size with pills? I have heard that those just make you retain water so your boobs get bigger, but the rest of you gets bigger too!

13. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jan 6, 2009

I don't need implants. I need a reduction. My mom had one because at 5' tall she had DD or maybe bigger and she is tiny, like 90 lbs. I have had DD breasts since I was 14 so I would really love a nice B or C cup. I need to lose more weight first though.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 7, 2009

I know nothing about breast implants because I have no need to look into it, but if you want it, go for it!

The only cosmetic surgery I might (& that's a BIG might) do someday is a nose job.

15. smalltowngal

Jan 7, 2009

I would like to have liposuction for my tummy and my thighs.

16. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 7, 2009

My sister had augmentation 18 months ago and has been very happy. She looks absolutely wonderful. She, too, is a tiny gal (5'2" and quite thin) and didn't go really large, but probably a C. She now is very proportioned and I know she feels much more confident.

17. smalltowngal

Jan 7, 2009

Okay, so my neighbor had a breast augmentation yesterday. She looked pale and threw up in the ditch as we were talking. It looked like she was really hurting too.

18. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jan 7, 2009

I had an abdominoplasty and some lipo in 2005. I lost 85 pounds and had the lovely saggy skin to go with it. I got the lipo because I had pockets of fat in certain places that wouldn't go away. The pain was horrible the first 2 days (due to the abdominoplasty). I cried when I would have to get up and walk to the bathroom. You don't realize how much you use your abs. I had to sleep in a chair for 2 weeks and walk hunched over for a week. But, the results were worth the pain. I had to wear a compression garment (below my boobs to mid-thigh) for 6 weeks because of the swelling. I did bruise with the lipo, but that is typical. I couldn't exercise for 6 weeks. That killed me! It takes about 3 months to be completely healed. After I have kids I plan on doing it all over again if I have saggy stomach skin.

Keep in mind that the lipo can be undone. All you have to do is gain 15% of your body weight back.

If you are looking into a surgeon I would suggest researching! Ask for a former patient or patients to call you. Remember, when looking at prices that you're not looking for a steal. This is your body and you want quality work.

19. Chrissy71

Chrissy71 Rookie

Jan 7, 2009

Those pills and creams that you see in magazines are just a hoax, otherwise everyone would be using them. I wish it was that easy. I would like to do it over spring break, but then I don't want my students to start asking questions. They are very observant and notice everything.

20. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Jan 8, 2009

Cosmetic surgery in general: My mom has had a tummytuck and a lift to put her breasts back where they should go. She was out of commission for two weeks but had a painpump that didn't work so if it had it might have been a shorter recovery. She is very happy with it. My family does not have a history of issues with healing though.
    My best friend has had a reduction when she was 16 (only one side though) and was really self conscious about her scars for a long time.

If it will make you feel better about yourself and more confident to be more proportional in your own eyes... go for it.

21. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 8, 2009

I'm in the midst of breast reconstruction after September's mastectomy. So, while my motive was the different, I can address some if the issues.

For starters, I haven't really had much pain from any part of the procedure. Some soreness with the reconstruction, but nothing that would merit even taking a Tylenol.

Immediately after the surgery, I didn't have much use of my arm-- so a surgery on both sides would incapacitate you for a day or two.
    And I did sleep sitting up for a while, but that may have been because of the mastectomy, not the surgery in general, I'm not sure.

At my mastectomy, the plastic surgeon inserted a tissue expander-- think water balloon. Each week, I went to his office and he inserted some saline to stretch the expander, and the skin and the muscles. Ideally (had I not needed radiation) the next step would be the surgery to switch the expander for an implant. At that time, I'll have to have a bit of a reduction on the other side, simply because that's the way it's done. (The reasoning was explained to me, but to be honest, I've dealt with so many issues that I forget what it was.)

Unless the oncologist objects, I'm going for silicone implants for several reasons. They look more natural-- they don't ripple as saline would. And, in the unlikely event of a puncure, the silicone stays put-- my breast won't deflate. Can't you just see me in a sweater and skirt, in front of a class of 16 year olds, suddenly losing one breast??

The down side for someone who still has a breast beneath is that it's hard for a mamogram to read through silocone. (It shouldn't matter for me, since any test I'll have on that side is more likely to be an MRI.)

22. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jan 8, 2009

Alice you brought up an important point. When I had my last mammogram, the tech. and I were discussing how difficult it is to get a good mammogram shot when a woman has implants. So that is something to consider when choosing this as an elective surgery.

Personally - I lost 100 lbs and I would do cosmetic surgery tomorrow if I had the money. I would like a thigh lift, tummy tuck, liposuction everywhere but esp. the saddlebags, and then have them take all that sucked lipo and put it in my boobs and lift them up where they belong. I think it would hurt like you know what, but I would do it in a minute flat! There are just some things you can't get back to where they used to be without a little help. Having children, gaining/losing weight, it all takes a toll.

One thing I wouldn't do though, is anything to my face. I just can't stand the botox look, lip plumped look, etc. I like the look of a beautiful older woman, and I hope I can accept the aging gracefully.