Coronavirus and Procedure

Discussion in 'General Education' started by IClilpeopleu2*, Mar 21, 2020.

1. IClilpeopleu2*

IClilpeopleu2* New Member

Mar 21, 2020

Hello everyone I have a major question. We have a child in our center that was with a family member this past Saturday and now this family member is in the hospital with the Corona virus ( It was confirmed by the local health department) This child was at the daycare Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, now the child and her family are in quarantine. What is protocol for this??
    Do you tell the parents??? Do you post a sign like if it was Fifth disease, Chicken pox ect..
    My director did not tell ANY parents, and I'm not comfortable with this .
    Thoughts and help PLEASE.
    TIA.

3. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Devotee

Mar 22, 2020

Are you in a childcare center? I thought all CCC's were closed down. I would definitely not be comfortable keeping it a secret from the other parents. Your director may be worried about profits over human lives. I'd be beyond upset. I think you may need to call oscha, dfys, and maybe even the cops if she doesn't shut that place down. Are you still working?

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 22, 2020

Not all child care centers have been closed. It's on a state-by-state basis unless something has changed this evening.

OP, I would suggest checking with your state's Board of Health for guidance. My state (Ohio) has a 24-hour hotline for information.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  5. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Devotee

Mar 22, 2020

Good idea! I was grasping at straws of who to call. I did not know some states were still allowed to have them open. Cat- My cousin teaches in Cincinnati. We have been in contact over what's been happening!

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 23, 2020

Your director just doesn't want to lose $$ I guess she doesn't mind that people don't know their child has been in contact with the quarantined children. I would follow the advice of the others and find out from your state.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 23, 2020

I saw an article that stated in my county (maybe not the whole state) they closed daycare centers but opened up community buildings for daycare for children of essential workers only. That certainly limits the amount of children out and about. It's still a lot probably.

8. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Mar 24, 2020

I think that whether or not a sign goes up, parents should assume that their children could be exposed to Covid-19 in a variety of situations. Shoot, I think about it every time I go out to the store, or I use the credit card terminal once I have shopped, or even when I get change back when I fill up my car. By the time the owner knew that the child was exposed to the virus in their home, family members were in the hospital and the rest of the family was in quarantined, no longer coming to the daycare. Just out of curiosity, what would you do about the fact that the child was exposed to the virus since the child and family are now quarantined?