Converting my CDs to use with my ipads

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mrachelle87, Dec 2, 2014.

1. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 2, 2014

My CD listening center bit the dust. Instead of buying a new one, I want to record them with a QR code and let the kids use the ipads to listen to them. I know how to convert tapes to CD, I am stumped. HELP! I have Audacity on my computer if that helps. AND remember without my 12 year old, I am totally a computer baby and know nothing.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 2, 2014

Do you have iTunes or Windows Media Player or anything like that on your computer? Most of those programs have a "rip CD" option, which will convert your CD to .mp3 or some other computer format.

When you say that you want to record them with a QR code, what exactly do you mean?

4. bros

bros Phenom

Dec 2, 2014

I think she wants to make them accessible via QR code, which isn't possible, unless she has access to a webserver.

Anyway, I would recommend using CDex - http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdexos/

It's rather easy to use.

5. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Dec 2, 2014

If I'm understanding correctly, you just want the kids to be able to listen to the songs during class (most likely with headphones), right? If that is the case, you don't need QR codes...just rip the songs from CD to mp3, then move the mp3 files onto the ipads.