Contributions to District

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MsK, Mar 8, 2009.

1. MsK

MsK Rookie

Mar 8, 2009

I am filling out an online application that is for several school districts. On the final page it says "please respond below to the following question(s) amplifying your qualifications" and the question is "Please detail why you are applying and indicate the specific contributions you can make to the districts." I am not sure what exactly to include or how long this should be. What is appropriate?

3. palla

palla Companion

Mar 8, 2009

I had to answer a similar question, but it specified one page and around 750 words. It is a hard question because you are basically restating the resume and cover letter without restaing the resume and cover letter.

Since the one I did asked for a narrative, I did a chronological approach. I started with obtaining my undergrad and touched on the highlights from then to now.

4. mego65

mego65 Comrade

Mar 8, 2009

I have an application that asks me five questions, they are all basically interview questions. They do not have a limit, at least they don't say one, I have to type it into a box, so it may just stop on me. I am going to take the time and write out all the questions and then enter it in. I guess it gives us more practice on interview questions. :lol:

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 9, 2009

It's another version of "WHat can you do for us?"

It's your chance to brag a bit, and explain why YOU'RE the candidate they need to hire.

6. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 9, 2009

I hit this one at a job fair. Looking back i spoke of what I could do WITH the faculty... I didn't delve into what i could do for the school, district, and students as well.

Consider them all.

I'll have a better answer prepared for next time.