contracts

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teach42, May 24, 2012.

1. teach42

teach42 Comrade

May 24, 2012

I had a question about contracts. I read on here that some schools will allow you to be released from your contract if you give them a 60 day notice or however many days. But what if the contract says that either party can terminate with the same amount of time notice. That just seems scary because that means the school could also terminate your contract and not just you. Why would they do that? Under what circumstances would they do that? I would always be worried if that was the case.

3. BruinsFan63

BruinsFan63 Rookie

May 24, 2012

They usually give the reasons on the contract. So if you lose your license or if you don't have the proper credientials.

However, they could not renew your contract at the end of the year, which is more likely than them terminating before the end of the school year. The would most likely do this if they were reducing the amount of teachers due to student enrollment or changing of classes so if you class wasn't offered anymore. They could also not renew due to budget. I don't know as much about what happens when you don't preform and your contract isn't renewed though. Sorry!!

Hope that helps? / Hope that's the right info!! haha

4. teach42

teach42 Comrade

May 24, 2012

Ah ok, that makes sense. I was worried because I haven't even started working there yet and was wondering if they could just terminate my contract before I even did.