Contract renewal

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teacherteaherc, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Teacherteaherc

Teacherteaherc Rookie

Oct 19, 2020

I have a few questions about contract renewal or whether my contract would be renewed as a graduate. My contract ends at the end of the year. I work at a challenging school in the country region.
    I tried to ask for the possibility of a renewal by offering possible concessions on my part. However I got a reply that there would have to be an arranged discussion for it to be with higher management later. In the email it also mentioned some complaints about me not having relief lessons prepared for checking and with little differentiation and engaging resources. There was also mention of classroom management issues for students truanting and claim that photocopying is overused. Any opinions and comments? Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  3. MrTempest

MrTempest Companion

Oct 20, 2020

The contract ends at end of this year (2020) or school year?

Without knowing more it sounds like things are heading towards a non-renewal, so be on the lookout for other opportunities.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  4. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Oct 20, 2020

I'd start putting in for new jobs elsewhere. If your contract ends, and they did not say that they will work with you or give you any positive feedback ( after you asked them), it does not seem promising to me. 1 statement they said, " arranged discussion for it to be with higher management later" is not usually a helpful comment.

5. Teacherteaherc

Teacherteaherc Rookie

Oct 21, 2020

The contract ends at the beginning of next semester (jan 2021).
    I asked for feedback on relief lessons and the line manager asked me whether it was about structure or feedback on how it went. Then it was mentioned about having a performance development meeting which was subsequently scheduled.
    It is somewhere in Aus.