Contract Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by TXspedteach, Jun 19, 2012.

1. TXspedteach

TXspedteach Rookie

Jun 19, 2012

I had a question about the time frame after the principal offers you the job and recommends you to be hired. She told me that she was recommending me to be hired to HR who would take it from there. I has been almost a week. How long does it usually take?
    On a side note keep the faith everyone! I was a Part-time aide at this school last year, and was offered a Teachers job this year! It can happen! :)

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2012

Typically They will put your name through HR. HR will probably just double check that your credentials, transcripts, certifications, fingerprinting, etc. check out. Then they will probably pass your name on to the board for approval. I would consider all of this a formality but it can take awhile. They probably won't call you in to sign the contract and sign up for your benefits until August.

4. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Jun 19, 2012

I am in the same boat. All my stuff was given to HR last Wednesday, so now I am just waiting to hear back from HR. I figure it will take a week or so.

5. TXspedteach

TXspedteach Rookie

Jun 19, 2012

Thanks for the replies! My information was sent over last Wednesday as well, I will not be 100% secure until I sign the contract!

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2012

Remember that once you have a job offer, as long as all your stuff checks out, you do have a verbal contract with your employer. They can't take back their offer unless they find something out that you weren't honest about or something like that. So relax - typically the HR people will want to do all the new hire stuff at the same time, which means they will probably wait until all positions are filled and might even wait until your new teacher orientation for you to sing your contract.

7. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2012

It can also depend on how often the school board meets. If they meet once a month, it might take a month or a little more depending on when the next board meeting is.

Ask the principal if you can start getting materials to prepare over the summer. They usually won't give these things out unless they are sure you will get a contract.

8. missklyssa

missklyssa Rookie

Jun 19, 2012

My principal recommended me to HR and I heard back from HR later that same afternoon. So I think it might vary from school district to school district. Don't stress!

9. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 19, 2012

If you really want to know, call HR and ask for your status. It is better than worrying.

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 19, 2012

Do you need to be board of Ed approved?

11. TXspedteach

TXspedteach Rookie

Jun 19, 2012

czacza,

I am not sure if I need board approval. I know they approve the contracts. I think it may be just a formality to be approved by the board. Each principal does the hiring for each campus and sends the info on to HR. The school board meets tonight. :) Maybe I will hear soon!