Content exam

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by excitedteacher, Nov 29, 2007.

1. excitedteacher

excitedteacher Rookie

Nov 29, 2007

Im hoping for some advice. My sister and I are taking the content exam on Tuesday of this coming week EC-4. We've printed the study guide off TExEs but my sister was told the actual content exam is not scenario based like the study guide. Is that true? I've been studying the competencies. Does anyone have any suggestions on other material we should be studying so we can pass this on Tuesday. Thank you so much for any suggestions.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 29, 2007

Try looking among the threads on the Multiple Subject Tests subforum under Examinations for Teachers: you can get there by using the Forum Jump tool in the lower right corner of this Web page.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 29, 2007

excitedteacher, its been 3 years since I've take the test, but we were given the study guides and sample questions and it helped greatly. My sister took it last year and she studied the guide and passed her first go around.

5. excitedteacher

excitedteacher Rookie

Nov 29, 2007

Okay that you for the help. Just the study guide off of texes is that correct?

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 29, 2007

That's what my sister and I both used and we both passed the first time we took it. Good luck!