Contemporary Topics in Education

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Beth2004, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 20, 2010

I feel like every time I'm on here lately it's to ask a question for grad school. I'm finishing up my M.Ed. program and have to write a paper on a contemporary topic that I'm passionate about. The paper only needs to be about 3 pages, but I need to present it to the faculty during my comprehensive oral exam, so I want it to be an interesting topic. I'm having a really hard time coming up with an idea, though! I want to try to stay away from the "biggies" that we hear about all the time: differentiated instruction, inclusion, bullying, so I thought of maybe writing about charter schools or school choice in general. Apparently, so much of the research on those topics contradicts the rest of the research that there isn't much solid evidence of anything. So, that's out.

Any ideas? I'm thinking I may have to just fall back to differentiated instruction since that is something I feel strongly about, but I really wanted to find a more unique topic to try to "wow" them with.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! ;)

3. Dynamite Boys

Dynamite Boys Companion

Nov 20, 2010

What are you completing your Master's degree in? Do you have an emphasis in anything?

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 20, 2010

My degree will be in elementary education with no actual emphasis, however my focus in my electives has primarily been on literacy.