contacting multiple principals for jobs-same district

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by logicrules, Jul 4, 2007.

1. logicrules

logicrules Rookie

Jul 4, 2007

Hi everyone, new member here. I have a dilemma (or at least seems that way). I've been applying to a handful of different school districts since first week of June. Had a handful of interviews with each of the districts I'm seeking employment in - but no offers. To be honest a couple of the interviews were for positions that were not my first choice, but opted to talk to them anyway, as one never knows.

A few of the interviews I've had seemed to go very well and are jobs I'd really be interested in taking. It's been less than two weeks since the last interview; so maybe I'm just being too impatient. However, I don't want to hedge my bets that any of these job offers will be given to me; as we all know there's no guarantee. Question: is it un-cool to send inquiries to other principals in the same district while you wait to find out about positions you've interviewed for?

Should one of these principals be in the process of extending me an offer I didn't want to have them wonder about my sincere desire to work for their school by finding out I've been inquiring elsewhere in the same district.

But maybe this is common place. I am a new teacher; one year experience. My last school wanted me to come back (I even signed a contract, but rethought that decision and resigned shortly after school was out - long story).

Thoughts anyone?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 4, 2007

It is absolutely appropriate to contact other principals about open positions in a district where you've already applied. You should be emailing your resume and cover letter to every principal in the district!

In my district there are hundreds and hundreds of schools. No one would ever get a job if they had to wait to hear back about a job before getting the ball rolling on the next open position.

4. logicrules

logicrules Rookie

Jul 4, 2007

applying to other principals in same district

Thank you, Cassie753! That's what I thought...just wanted to make sure. Are there ever some learning curves in the world of education (especially after having jumped into it from Corporate America).

But that's a thread topic for another time <smile>

I'm so glad I found this forum. I can tell it will be a wealth of help to me as a newbie. Much appreciated.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 4, 2007

No problem!

I've only been here for a few weeks and already I've learned so much. I wish I would have known about this forum back when I was applying for jobs--it would have saved me a lot of grief!