Contacting a principal

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by MissaG, Apr 30, 2007.

1. MissaG

MissaG Companion

Apr 30, 2007

I interviewed with a principal during December for a position that was available at the time. I received an email stating that I did not get the position but they thought I would be a good addition to the team for next school year. The principal advised me to contact her in late spring to discuss possible job openings. I emailed her back thanking her and letting her know that I would contact her and she emailed me again stating that she looks forward to hearing from me.

I am wondering if it would be best to email her again, reintroducing myself, etc... or if I should send a cover letter and resume. I want her to remember me, so I am worried about sending a resume to get buried among many others. I could also make a phone call, but it is a busy time of the year with standarized testing approaching.

How do you think I should contact her?

Thanks!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 30, 2007

I would send a hard copy of my cover letter and resume. Start with something like "As you requested last December. I'm contacting you concerning a job..."

4. Miss Bliss

Miss Bliss Companion

Apr 30, 2007

Absolutely contact her again! You want to show the principal that you are ambitious and want to teach there. I think Aliceacc had a good idea about HOW to contact her again.

5. Jenlovestoteach

Jenlovestoteach Comrade

Apr 30, 2007

I would do it as a hard copy, but I'd also drop her an email since you have been communicating saying "Dear .... I just wanted to let you know that I'm still interested in teaching at X and have forwarded an updated copy of my resume to your office " so she's on the lookout for it in the mail piles

6. dillpickle

dillpickle Rookie

Apr 30, 2007

I would just go to that school and take a copy of my resume. I'd ask if she was in and available. That's how I got my job for next year. I just walked in and asked if they were there. Fortunately, she was and interviewed me and HIRED me on the spot. She's already expressed her interest in you. I think she'd be willing to meet with you if she's on campus that day and isn't tied up with another meeting. It would be a good time to get reaquainted. You could also drop her a line in an email and tell her you'd like to set up a time to meet if you don't feel comfortable just stopping in.

7. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

May 1, 2007

I agree with Jenlovestoteach...drop her an email and let her know that you have forwarded a current resume and cover letter and that you are still interested in a teaching position should one open. She'll be on the look out for it and hopefully, it won't get buried under any others. Good luck to you and your job hunt! :angel: