Contact this principal again????

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by bewlove, May 26, 2015.

1. bewlove

bewlove Companion

May 26, 2015

Hey, everyone!!! I am going to be a second year teacher, and I am looking for a job closer to home next year. I had an interview on April 23rd, and I still have not heard anything either way. I feel that the interview went well, but I know she still had many in county transfers to interview, and she sort of made it sound like it could be a few weeks before we knew.

About ten days ago (almost a month after my interview), I sent a follow up email (mostly so that I didn't fall off the face of the earth in her mind), and just asked if any decisions had been made. I never got a response. Now, I would just normally chalk that up to her not being interested in me, but I have a friend who also interviewed and she did not get the job. The principal let her know. So the fact that I have not heard anything...does that mean that I am still in the running? If so, should I contact her again?

I wish I knew because hubby and I are looking for a house and my job is a determining factor. If she doesn't want to hire me that is fine, I just wish to know either way. I know she is still interviewing, because I have another friend who is interviewing with her this week.

:confused:

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 26, 2015

I think you have contacted the P enough. I wouldn't bug her any further.

4. bartleby

bartleby Rookie

May 26, 2015

Agreed. I know its hard to sit and wait, especially with other stuff waiting on it, but if she is still interviewing or reviewing candidates, getting rushed by one won't help her.

5. bewlove

bewlove Companion

May 26, 2015

Thanks everyone!

She actually called me this morning and had me come in for a second interview! Now I'm just waiting to hear......let the nerves begin!!!

6. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

May 28, 2015

Good luck