Constitution Day

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by mstnteacherlady, Sep 14, 2007.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Sep 14, 2007

Alright folks, Monday is Constitution Day! What are you doing to teach about the Constitution on this day? Our three 5th grade classes have been learning about and discussing the Constitution for a week or so now. That means I need something a little different to do on Monday. Any ideas for a fun activity? Group projects are not working well with this group yet, so I'd like to keep it whole class or individual if possible. I just need a little help! :) Have a happy weekend!

3. smithf1

smithf1 Rookie

Sep 16, 2007

I have my class write their own preamble for the room. First we brainstorm rules, then pare them down to 5-6 and put them into the format of our Preamble. Then everyone signs it.

Last year's started something like: We the cool kids of room 7 in order to form a more perfect class…"

They need help getting it into Preamble format. You could include something about group work where they haven't yet been successful in doing things in groups.

4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Sep 16, 2007

We are doing a whole school activity. A few teachers rewrote the Premamble to be specific to our school last week. On Monday, each grade level will get together and study how they wrote the Constitution and will write a grade level amendment. At the end of the day, we are having an assembly, and each grade level will present their amendment.

5. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Sep 16, 2007

Very cool idea! I wish my school would do something like that!