Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by smalltowngal, May 3, 2011.

1. porque_pig

porque_pig Comrade

May 5, 2011

Oh my. That was... Hm.

2. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 5, 2011

What the heck made the rainbow fall from the sky?? J/k

3. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

May 6, 2011

This theory is AKA, "Coach didn't like me, so that's why I didn't get any playing time." :p

I know of a few compelling "conspiracy theories" not currently cited in this thread. But I hate the fact that the term ("conspiracy theory") has been made synonymous with nutty.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 7, 2011

John Lee~I don't see them as nutty...now some are beyond the realm of my possiblity but that doesn't mean that the people who believe them are nutty.

5. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 7, 2011

The world is secretly ruled by the Rothschild family......

6. smalltowngal

May 7, 2011

These theories take differing forms, such as claiming that the family belongs to the Illuminati, controls the world's wealth and financial institutions, or encouraged wars between governments.

The part them belonging to the Illuminati is what I find interesting!

7. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

May 7, 2011

This is a story that my grandfather always told us about the Kennedy assassination. My grandparents were born in Italy and ran a business in New Orleans. They had no mob connections but the New Orleans mafia always tried to buy from the Italian owned business so Carlos Marcello was a customer. Carlos and several bodyguards came to my grandfather's market just as he was closing up. They had a package with about 5 rifles with them. My grandmother did not like any of the New Orleans mafia to actually come into the market so my grandfather made home deliveries to them so my grandfather knew that Carlos was coming in for a "favor." This was 3 days after the Kennedy assassination. At that time if the mafia asked for a "favor" you did it because you risked your business being burned and your family being injured. Carlos asked my grandfather to store these guns for him for a couple of months. My grandfather stored them for about 5 months and turned them back over to Carlos. My grandfather swore until the day that he died that those guns were from the Kennedy assassination. His theory was that Marcello had Kennedy assassinated to allow LBJ who was know by my grandfather to have many links to the New Orleans mafia to become president.

8. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 7, 2011

chemteach55, That's an interesting story about your grandfather. I'm a bona fide JFK assasination conspiracy junkie.... I've read countless books on the conspiricy... the last being LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination by Phillip F Nelson

9. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

May 7, 2011

I agree; very interesting tale you have chemteach55. Major, if you are interested, there is stuff related to RFK assassination that a guy in a documentary called RFK Must Die. I think any JFK junkie will be more than interested.

10. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

May 7, 2011

The Illuminati thing somehow escapes this conspiracy theorist. I do believe in the idea that the wealthiest individuals in the world conspire at a level everyone should certainly realize. But for whatever reason... I guess I haven't come across the documentary or written text that explains it in a meaningful way. For example, if you've ever heard of the Business Plot or the meeting at Jeckyll Island, these are conspiracies of the ultra-rich (that I think are obscure to the general public) that cite specific people, families, etc.

11. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 7, 2011

Thanks John Lee .... Since RFK and LBJ hated each other with a passion .... that documentary should be interesting. RFK was loved by some and hated by some very powerful people/forces (the MOB, including the New Orlean boss Carlos Marcello,..., LBJ, Hoover, etc).

If anyone hasn't read the book I mentioned above it's worth buying or checking out of the library.

12. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 7, 2011

The Phoenix UFO Lights of March 13, 1997

I drove "under" them while driving on Interstate-8 and they were military flares nothing more, they were over the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range.

13. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

May 7, 2011

I can remember going with my grandfather on deliveries and delivering to the Marcello home. It was the only place that would tip my grandfather. My grandmother billed all the delivery accounts once a month and included a service charge/tip because my grandfather did not like to handle money. Either Marcello, one of his bodyguards or his housekeeper would give my grandfather a $20 tip and would give me a $10 tip for being a little helper. My grandfather would always hand me his $20 when we would get back in his truck so I loved to go to the Marcello residence because I made $30 and that was lots of money to me as a small child. Marcello also sent my mother a sterling silver punch bowl for her wedding even though he was not invited to the wedding because my grandmother ran everything and hated the man. He also sent a car seat and a teddy bear when I was born. The teddy bear was huge and I actually still have him. I really never knew what he was (the mafia boss of the New Orleans mafia) until I was much older. He was a very nice, rich man in my mind for many years.

14. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

May 7, 2011

15. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 7, 2011

If you recall JFK and RFK deported Marcello (by force) to Guatemala. Carlos really hated the Kennedys. Of course many believe he had a role in the JFK assassination. Marcello managed to live out his years in his own home ..... dying an old man.

16. smalltowngal

May 7, 2011

Wow, chem...what a story!!!

JohnLee~I don't know too much about the Illuminati, but Dan Brown focuses on them in Angels and Demons. There are many people out there that believe the Masonic Lodge is responsible for a lot of businesses in our country and that they are everywhere in government and higher up and that they are up to no good.

17. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

May 9, 2011

I'm just saying that I've never gotten into that conspiracy yet I guess. And yes Major... RFK/JFK are obviously linked, both in their murders and the enemies they made... to think that people seem accepting of the notion that they were both killed by two separate insane individuals is laughable if it wasn't so tragic. The mafia was a tool of the people running the show though. If you've never really given thought to RFK's killing, that documentary will be food for thought. And given some of the more recent JFK stuff (e.g. E. Howard Hunt's deathbed confession to his son), it really puts circumstantial puzzle pieces into place.

There are two other conspiracies I'd like to bring up... The Business Plot, and the meeting at Jeckyll Island. It's noteworthy to me that no one mentions these. I do wonder (for any history teachers out there) if these are even mentioned in 20th century history books. I can't remember ever learning about either.