Conscious Discipline

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ecteach, Aug 20, 2013.

1. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Aug 20, 2013

Does anyone use this at your school? We were told we would be using it this year, and have also been told that it works miracles. From what I have researched so far, it seems like a lot of redirection and affirmation. Thoughts?

3. schoolteacher

schoolteacher Habitué

Aug 20, 2013

I just received this book in the mail today. I had it out from the library and felt I needed to buy it.

In my opinion, this book will not just change the way you relate to students; it will change the way you relate to everyone in your life.

Basically, you learn how to be conscious of the way you currently deal with a situation. Then it gives you concrete tools to deal with situations in a way that empowers all parties involved.

It shows you how to build a class culture of caring. It gives you the words to use with children who have never been taught how to handle social situations. It gives you a way to defuse potentially violent incidents by showing you how to empathize with students.

In short, it is a handbook on life. And the best part about it is, nothing in your environment has to change. It gives you the steps to take to make changes in yourself, just by becoming aware of some simple principles.

It is by far the best book I have ever bought.

4. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Aug 20, 2013

We really, really need it. I can't wait to learn more about it.