connection of beauty products with children

Discussion in 'Montessori Archives' started by oouch99, Nov 27, 2005.

1. oouch99

oouch99 Rookie

Nov 27, 2005

Strange but so very true, the institution from which i m doing my montessori traning has asked me to answer the question " As a young lady what are ur views about herbal beauty products, and how is this question connected with children" i wonder what to answer... Can anybody give me a clue?:confused:

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 27, 2005

Not exactly sure what they are look for. But I do not believe children should be using "beauty products" at least not until they are 16 or 17.
    Well if a girl has really bad acne that is one thing. but all that eye make up it's ridiculous. I never wore it, my sister doesn't wear it.

As for cleaning products if it helps keep the girls face clean and helps with acne them go for it.

Hmmmmmmmm I don't think I have been much help!:eek:

4. oouch99

oouch99 Rookie

Nov 27, 2005

thanx for the swift reply. u r right in wht u r saying. but these days u can see most teenagers wearing a thick layer of makeup :(

they have also asked me to make an ad on any of herbal product. i m planing to make on "toothpaste", as thats something which will go with any age group.

5. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 2, 2005

I would do as they ask, but I would ask what it is for.

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Dec 2, 2005

As a young lady what are ur views about herbal beauty products, and how is this question connected with children

Here is my 'analogous answer that I would write if i HAD to'.

I am a very earth conscientious person and feel comfortable with my own self, and appearance that beauty products although are not ESSENTIAL, are a luxury. If using beauty products, I would prefer to use ones that are natural to avoid any unsightly reactions and I would also want to ensure that the product was not tested on animals. Beauty is deep within. It is further then the surface of someone's skin and that being who you are, au natural is the best way to be.
    It is connected with children in that.... You want a realistic relationship with your students and not a superficial one. You want a relationship that caters not on the surface of the child but the spirit and soul too. You dont want your appearance to be the focus of the classroom. Or, you dont want what you are wearing or the over use of beauty products to distract from the gorgeous M. materials. Rather, you should be more inconspicuous and less vain in the M. classroom.

I tried! Hope it helps :eek:)

7. oouch99

oouch99 Rookie

Dec 3, 2005

thanx "mommaruthie", u threw a v. imp. point which i had missed out. thanx for the kind reply. it has surely given me some thing to add on, & yes dear "ABall" i will definitely ask them what it is for, after i get my grades ;)