Confused

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Memom2, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Memom2

Memom2 Rookie

Jul 25, 2011

I had an interview this morning with a new virtual school opening in our state. The interview was with one person and there were 2 other stations in the room also doing interviews. At the end of a quick interview, the woman sent me to another person who offered me a letter of intent (contingent on background check and enrollment). They told me that they needed to hire 30 teachers in the next 3 days. There were so many people there and it seemed that everyone was offered the intent letter. A friend of mine also had an interview an hour later and said that she thought everyone was being offered the intent letter then too. This was all in the first 2 hours of interviews and I know at least 10 people were offered intent letters. Do you think they will go back and weed out some people after everyone is interviewed?

3. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Jul 25, 2011

What state/district is this?

4. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Jul 25, 2011

Looks like you've hit the jackpot. I've never heard of so many positions that needed to be filled at once!

5. Memom2

Memom2 Rookie

Jul 25, 2011

I am sure they are interviewing at least twice as many teachers as they need. If they offer everyone a letter of intent, I am afraid they will make us all part-time though. They asked about that during the interview (if I could do part-time), I said maybe, depending on the hours. I am just worried that this is not going to happen. I need a job and school starts 2 weeks from today!

This is in TN.