Conflicting info in CliffNotes study guide (PEd test)

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by mickapoo, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mickapoo

mickapoo Rookie

Feb 27, 2016

Can anyone help me with this question? I am studying for the FTCE Prof Ed test using the cliffNotes study guide. On one page it states that standardized achievement tests are norm-referenced and on another page it states they aren't. Which is correct? Thank you in advance.

3. history

history Companion

Feb 28, 2016

What pages and i believe it depends up o n the test. Remember norm compares students

4. mickapoo

mickapoo Rookie

Feb 28, 2016

On page 108, check point 4a, states that:
    "The assessments used in Florida's statewide, standardized assessment program are norm-referenced test" (and it says that is FALSE)

But then on page 122, item 4 answer C (last paragraph on the page). It states:
    "...a standardized achievement test is a norm-referenced test..."

5. history

history Companion

Feb 28, 2016

The way they worded it was very poorly made up you'll notice as you read more of these questions that's why they're not really credible as you go on you will see that it mentioned standardized test and norm referenced test it has to do with comparing to other students standardized is how it's put together so when you looked at the last part in my opinion they should have worded it differently as far as why is not the answer

6. history

history Companion

Feb 28, 2016

Another thing I standardized tests or Skewes me a norm referenced test is a form of a standardized test so they're all called it standardized tests but norm is one of the standardized test