Conferences

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by RedVac, Feb 6, 2011.

1. RedVac

RedVac Rookie

Feb 6, 2011

I teach 3's in a private preschool M-W-F am for 2.5 hours. We hold conferences twice per year. Last spring's conferences were like a report card with observations, ect. I want to know how formal your conferences are. I feel like this is not needed for such a young age-thoughts?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2011

I would look at what the child can and cannot do. Maybe use this as a sharing with the parent of what they child is able to do independently and what they need to continue to work on. You could even offer suggestions of what they can work on at home with their child.

4. dhich

dhich Rookie

Feb 6, 2011

This is what the teachers at our school talk about. Often the preschool conferences are as much an examination of how the parents are doing as they are about the children.

5. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Feb 6, 2011

We have a 11 page form that looks at personal development, social development, physical development, and then looks at each curricular area we have in the classroom. At the end of each section in the form we have room for comments. At the end of the form we have room for goals and plans for each child.