Conference Assessments

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by RedVac, Feb 28, 2011.

1. RedVac

RedVac Rookie

Feb 28, 2011

What do you use to assess your 3's and 4's classrooms? We use the Creative Curriculum, but since I only have the preschoolers 3x a week for a few hours I feel it is too much assessing. The report card that we are to give parents is all written out which seems like a lot of unnecessary work. I have a lot of pictures and think simple checklist might be easier for an assessment tool.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 28, 2011

We used a checklist for colors, print awareness, abc recognition, writing name, number recognition, writing numbers, etc.

We kept a binder per kid with these checklists and would pull them out a few times a week for different kids. We would give one or more assessments and then record in their binder.

4. saralynn2006

saralynn2006 Companion

Feb 28, 2011

assessment

i am part of the 3 day a week creative curriculum program also (i teach 4-5 year olds). i am so bogged down on assessment notes for the curriculum; however, in the fall i assessed on colors, shapes, numbers 0-10, self portrait, etc. for my spring conferences i am assessing on drawing shapes (square, circle, diamond, etc.) opposite recognition, social skills, spatial skills (over, under, etc), patterning, sequencing, body part recognition, alphabet, and numbers up to 30. i started doing them in january (i have 19 kids) and do them about once a week. i have maybe 2 more days left of assessing and i will be done :) assessing is very much a pain but it is very exciting to see the growth my kids have made!!