Conducting Research - Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Calalilys, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Feb 1, 2009

I'm currently taking a research course for my Master's degree and have to come up with a research question to actually conduct research on. I'm at a loss as to what I could actually do a study on, so I thought you guys might be able to guide me towards some possible research ideas. Ideally, I'd like to focus on technology, but all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

3. MsT

MsT Rookie

Feb 1, 2009

I have always wanted to do more with goal setting. I think it would be interesting to see if there was an increase in student achievement after students developed short-term and long-term goals.
    As for technology, you could research the difference in student achievement when enhancing visual learning with technology. For example, teach lessons utilizing a SMARTboard, projector, etc. and create an assessment to test for understanding. Then teach without the technology to see if students retained as much information. Ooooh...you could surveys students to see how they monitor their own learning and engagement with and without technology.
    Those are my thoughts! Good luck!