COMPUTING LESSONS????NEED IDEAS

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by russy006, Jul 19, 2007.

1. russy006

russy006 Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

Our class is booked in for computing twice a week. The school currently has Apple computers!

Im hoping people can share some ideas of what sorts of activities they do in computing? The computers have the INternet, Powerpoint, word etc...

Last term we focussed on searching strategies using the Internet. We looked up temperature around the world and discussed differences and why the temperature varies? This was linked to a SUN, MOON, EARTH topic we were doing in the classroom. We also went to many websites about weather (wind, temperature, precipitation). I always give studnets one lesson to explore and play Maths games!

3. RobyBrow

RobyBrow Rookie

Jul 20, 2007

You can use Word to type stories, practice typing, make charts, label diagrams, make graphic organizers etc.

You can also use Powerpoint to make presentations on whatever topic you are studying.

Use Paint or a paint program, to draw diagrams and illustrations.

There are lots of good technology teacher resource books from Teacher Created Materials.

Let me know some of your units and I will see what I can come up with.

4. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

5. aya

aya Rookie

Jul 25, 2007

Hi, I am a computer teacher...here are my sites (we use these a lot in class, these are great activities to extend classroom learning and build confidence with the computer) http://tenkely.org
    I have a new idea for teachers every day on my blog www.ilearntechnology.com
    Have fun with it!