Composite Science Teacher

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Sakura, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Sakura

Sakura Rookie

Jun 17, 2014

Hello, everyone I hope you are having a good summer. I did well for my first three months teaching (only improvement I really needed was for classroom management, but there's more to that story:rolleyes:). I have been offered to come back to the school I was working at for sure and two other places have called needing a composite high school science teacher. Now, I've done middle school science but I am worried what high school science entails. I cannot do chemistry or physics. What does a composite high school science teacher actually teach? Thanks for your help :love:

3. ScienceEd

ScienceEd Companion

Jun 17, 2014

it depends on the department. i would stick with the school you're at if you don't feel comfortable teaching chemistry or physics and the other school doesn't clearly tell you which subjects they might expect you to teach.

They may want you to teach Earth Science, Biology or Physical science?

You should ask them.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 18, 2014

Composite science means that they can call on you to teach any science, including chemistry and physics. I would stick with your current position.

5. Sakura

Sakura Rookie

Jun 19, 2014

The school I went to interview for was wanting someone for freshmen Biology. I am really good at Biology and have taught Life Science, Earth Science, and physical Science so this school I could teach the composite Science but I am going to ask what they mean before I considered an offer.